Excursion sign-up - how far in advance?

daveb82

We are scheduled for an Explorer Bermuda cruise in June 2006. The excursion purchase option on the RCCL site doesn't allow for any purchases - says to signup shipboard.

I can't imagine excursions are sold out now - so is it because they don't have pricing for 2006 set yet?

Is there a typical time before cruise that the excursion site becomes active?

I'm sure the excursions simply aren't posted yet. There is no way they are sold out. However, if there is an excursion that is "a must" for you, sign up for it as soon as you can. There's no reason to be disappointed. However, I've rarely had difficulties signing up for excursions. The hardest to get were in Alaska if one waited, but that's because a lot of them involved helicopters, which have a limited capacity.

I believe they open 180 days before your sail date. I booked one excursion last week for my cruise first week in May. They don't all get put on at first but within the week most of them were there. I thought they were not doing my excursion at first but I kept checking daily and as I said earlier within a week it was available.:)

Archived