Virus from RCCL E-Mail?

LovetheSea

I just got an E-Mail this morning, that my Norton Anti Virus picked up as containing a virus. The address of the sender was... [email]specialneeds@rccl.com[/email]

The content of the E-Mail said... "Your lie is going around the world"

Have any of you gotten this? If so DON'T open it. We have not e-mailed RCCL about anything. We did sign up for the contest they had.

The e-mail you received was most likely spoofing the rccl.com domain in the From field. This is what most e-mail viruses do and is a simple matter for the virus author to do. About the only thing you can be sure of is that the virus e-mail didn't come from the party listed in the From field. See this link from CERT for more information on e-mail spoofing: [url="http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/email_spoofing.html"]Spoofed/Forged E-mail[/url]

I hope this helps you understand what happened.

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Century 10/00
Millennium 12/01
Rhapsody of the Seas 5/02
Rhapsody of the Seas 11/02
Infinity 5/03

My son, the computer expert of the family told me the same thing. HOWEVER, we just changed our e-mail address. We have two now, the one I use for family and friends and the one I occasionally use on the net. We have only had this for a couple of months and I have only given it out a few times. ONE place was when I signed up for a contest on RCCL. And I have used it in a couple of cruise sites.

Archived