Dophin Encounter in Cozumel

Karshrimp

According to my last contact with friends in Cozumel, all of the dolphins have been moved from Cozumel. Both the Atlantida and Chankanaab Park were hit hard by Wilma. Chankanaab is scheduled to open in late December but I have not heard any news about the dolphins.

We just got back from LOS and we did the Dophin Swim and snorkel in Cozumel - They moved the dolphins to a marina in Port Adventurous. It's a 45 minute boat ride, and then a 1/2 hour bus ride to get there. They did the best they could under the circumstances, but there is a lot of waiting around for 1/2 hour with the dolphins. It was unorganized mainly because of the number of people all at once. I think this was one of the first weeks they took on so many people, so I think they will improve as they go. They definitely want to make it work until they can reopen the regular set up.

It was still worth going, but don't expect a 3 hour excursion. We didn't have much time to shop when we got back before the last tender.

Archived