Just had to share Carnival Breeze June 11th 2017. cozumel belize roatan

dawnvan

Our cabin steward tried that trick on our last cruise...gave us an either/or and not both because he had too many cabins to clean. I told him that wasn't my problem and that I wanted twice a day and we got it. John Heald keeps saying that Carnival's policy is twice a day...up to the passenger if they want just once a day (mainly because some like to sleep in).

I plan to ask for twice a day on our Breeze cruise in 3 weeks. Hopefully they will.

You should try and do the city tour in Belize. It is awesome. You get to see the rich and poor parts and just the diversity.

I totally disagree on doing the city tour of Belize. I did that several years ago and really thought it was a waste of time and money. There are lots of poor parts to this city and you see lots of bars on the windows and lots of poverty. Someone mentioned to me on how pretty this island was and I said I didn't see that at all. Turns out you need to get away from the city to see the nature of the island. Belize is supposed to have some of the best diving in the world but you do have to get far away from where the ship docks. There are some ruins an hour or so away that I will be doing this time so I can actually see the beauty of the island.

BTW, if you need to buy some prescription drugs you can get them without a prescription right near the dock. There was a line going out the door as I guess this is a popular thing to do.

I totally disagree on doing the city tour of Belize. I did that several years ago and really thought it was a waste of time and money. There are lots of poor parts to this city and you see lots of bars on the windows and lots of poverty. Someone mentioned to me on how pretty this island was and I said I didn't see that at all. Turns out you need to get away from the city to see the nature of the island. Belize is supposed to have some of the best diving in the world but you do have to get far away from where the ship docks. There are some ruins an hour or so away that I will be doing this time so I can actually see the beauty of the island.

BTW, if you need to buy some prescription drugs you can get them without a prescription right near the dock. There was a line going out the door as I guess this is a popular thing to do.

totally agree with you!! I didn't want to take a bunch of teenagers on the main land of Belize. Yes we would probably be fine but so many other things to do!!

A Cove balcony will hold up to four people. We had 2 coves and 3 interiors across that hall. ❤️❤️❤️love the coves. So close to the water and more private then the upper deck balcony. Some people don't like them because they are usually shady. But if I want sun I just go to the lido deck. I would especially avoid deck five. Also when picking a cove make sure that you are more towards the front to mid ship. Avoid being under the galley. I have heard they can be noisy at night. To me the only down side is that your have a long way to make it to the Buffett lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had one more question, Dawnvan. When y'all did the dolphins, were those photos from the vendor or did y'all get to take your phones? We are doing the Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab and have paid for 12 of our group of 14 to do the excursion. The other 2 (my 82 year young grandparents) just want to watch, but weren't sure if they'd be allowed. :)

We've enjoyed Chackacnaab many times, mainly for everything else that is offered there. But we did Dolphinarius last month and you can get much, much closer to the dolphins when you are not on your actual activity and the animals seemed much better cared for. (Much cheaper too - especially the photos they take).

Have the same itinerary august 20th on the breeze also.... is there any excursions that are a must at any of the stops? I am bringing my wife for her first cruise ever and I wanna make it unforgettable for her.... also hoping she gets hooked as much as i am. before I got married in may I lived in a household of cruise attics so I would like to have my wife love them as much as me

Have the same itinerary august 20th on the breeze also.... is there any excursions that are a must at any of the stops? I am bringing my wife for her first cruise ever and I wanna make it unforgettable for her.... also hoping she gets hooked as much as i am. before I got married in may I lived in a household of cruise attics so I would like to have my wife love them as much as me

Well we have a great time at each of our ports. Cozumel we went to chankanaab and swam with the dolphins. In Belize we did a private excursion with coral breeze. Swam with sharks and stingray, snorkeled a fantastic reef and visited caye caulker. It was a lot of fun and I would recommend it. In roatan we we did another private excurtion. roatan ocean adventures. Went to the monkey and sloth iguana hangout. Then went snorkeling st a reef that was absolutely amazing. I would say the best snorkeling I have ever done! We are adventurous and love to snorkel. So was perfect for us!! Enjoy your cruise and hope your wife loves it!!