San Francisco Dock

sandpebble1

My husband and I are going on the Sapphire Princess On October 2nd. Does anyone know where the dock is and where should we book a hotel? We will arrive two days early to sightsee. Any help will be appreciated.

Sapphire Princess October '04

Caribbean Princess May '04

Island Princess October '03

Grand Princess April '02

Golden Princess December'02

Grand Princess December '01 '01

Hi Sandpebble1. The ship will be docked on Pier 35. I am also going on that cruise and we have started a Roll Call. Please join us. If you find our roll call there was much discussion on where to stay in San Francisco. There a few people on our roll call that are from that area and should be able to help you. Please join us at the roll call.

Marilyn

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=4763056957&m=6023006367

Sand......as Marilyn noted we have a roll call thread going on our cruise, above is a direct link to it. There has been much written on where to stay etc......have a look, say hi and we can get more specific like how much $$ are you looking to spend, are you flying in, when. Have you ever been out here....so please join us!...the link will take you to page 1 of 6 (so far)

Star Princess 9/03 Alaska

Celebrity Mercury 3/04 Mexico

Next: Sapphire Princess 10/2/04 Mexico

Celebrity Infinity 5/28/05 Alaska

Mercury Cruise 3/13/04 & Amtrak Train trip 4/04 Pic's

http://community.webshots.com/user/catmand100

Actually there are two piers being used in SF. If their are two ships in port on the same day they will use the pier where the new cruise terminal will be in the South Beach area. Your tickets should have the correct pier (i think one is 35 and the other is 32 under the bay bridge)

I too have only docked and sailed from pier 35 several times with Princess. For those out of towners if this pier 32 is indeed being used please don't make the assumption that it is only 3 piers away. SF piers are set up with the odd numbers North of the Bay Bridge and the Even Numbers South of the Bay Bridge. Just thought you might like to know It can be quite a hike with luggage and not a good way to start your vacation. Cheers all icon_cool.gif

Ed&Gary has a good point, here's a map to get an idea of the locations. So far there are 2 ships due in that day, Sapphire and Volendam.

Port Area Map

Sharon

Elation 05/98

Paradise 04/99

Destiny 10/99

Inspiration 05/00

Enchantment of the Seas 10/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 03/01

Carnival Spirit 05/01

Grandeur of the Seas 11/01

Ocean Princess 04/02

Jubilee 09/02

Carnival Conquest 03/03

Serenade of the Seas 11/08/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 02/29/04-Daughter's Wedding

Caribbean Princess 06/05/04

Cast off the ropes, cast off your cares...we're outta here

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 <marquee>SUNSHINE DAYDREAM...GOIN' WHERE THE CLIMATE SUITS MY CLOTHES</marquee>

Sandpebble--I just sailed out of pier 35 last week. I booked a room on Priceline for $65 a night using the Fishermans Wharf choice of neighborhood. I got the Hyatt at Fishermans Wharf which was an easy walk to the pier (less than a mile) and I had a lot of luggage and a four year old. If you aren't going to have a car I think that would be your best bet.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Pride of Aloha 6/07/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Archived