Tampa: DoubleTree Westshore Airport

just4kixx

Stayed here for our pre-cruise Friday 11/19/05. Got it on priceline.com for $60 + $10 taxes. Called facility to request 2 doubles... no problem! Very clean facility; friendly staff; sports bar and restaurant on site. Van service provided from airport to hotel. (required less than 10 minute wait)Shuttle service available to local shopping centers and restaurants. Best part was van service from Port in Tampa back to airport upon our return, (waited curb side exactly 15 minutes after calling and requesting shuttle pick-up) all compimentary! Can't beat it for the price.

Would highly recommend, even at website price, and would definitely stay there again.

Hope this helps others!

A~:)

Thanks for the positive review. We are staying at the Doubletree in January for the first time. Hope our experience is as good as yours.

Do you know if they offer van service to the local golf course? They advertise golf on there website as things to do and just wondered if they offered transportation. I would not even mind paying for it if they offered such a service.

just4kixx

How long did it take you to get bid accepted on priceline? We are

cruising on the Miracle on 1/21/06 and want to stay in the westshore area for pre-cruise stay. I have been bidding for at least 3 weeks so far and been getting rejected. I have been bidding $70.00 for 3 star hotel.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

JR

• 4 weeks later...

I'm staying at this hotel this Friday (Dec. 30th). I ended up booking through Hotwire for $68 as I couldn't get a good deal through Priceline at the time. Further, I had a better chance of getting this hotel through Hotwire as they don't have as many hotels in their "inventory" as Priceline.

When I called to confirm, the hotel staff was very nice and when I inquired about port transportation I was surprised that it was complimentary. When I booked, I only new about local (2 mile) transportation. However, they are now quite generous with their transportation. Not bad for less than $80 for one night. The cruise transfers for the two of us each way would almost run as much as the hotel with transportation.

Archived