Room upgrades?

vegasbrew

What are my chances of being upgraded to a better room if I book my cruise more than a year out? This is my second cruise in 5 yrs. and I'm not real savvy on what I should do. Any help would be appreciated! Should I just choose my room or take the chance? Thanks!

It doesnt matter how far in advance you book, RCI isn't into giving out upgrades, when it does happen it is very rare. If I were you I would book the cabin you would be happy with and if you get an upgrade it's just icing on the cake.

We have sailed on RCCL twice, and were upgraded from the lowest cabin, to outside on the fourth, and outside on the third, and we didn't do anything. We went to the dock with the understanding we would be inside on the second deck and were pleased to learn we were going to have outside rooms. This last Sept. we were going to sail on RCCL again, and had booked inside guarantee. That is what we were going to have, but the cruise got cancelled due to hurricane Rita. When we rebooked, we booked an outside cabin on the fourth deck. Thought we might get upgraded again, but it didn't happen the last time. Well, two out of three ain't bad. By the way, we have gotten an upgrade four out of six times, the best being from an outside room to a balcony without us doing anything. :)

200601291700_13.gif

Archived