Port Canaveral early check in slot or FTTF?

Kermit426

1st time sailing out of Port Canaveral, & 1st time since Carnival went to staggered boarding times.

1. How far out can you select your boarding time?

2. If you had an 11am time would you still get FTTF? No tender ports on cruise, and no rush for debark. Embark and dedicated guest service line are reasons I'm considering it.

I have no issue waiting after check in for 1/2 hour to an hour, but prefer not to be standing out in the sun at the port waiting to get to check in.

Last cruise we arrived at 10:30, checked in within 20 min and were on the ship by 11:30. This was before the staggered appts and was in Ft Lauderdale,.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I got FTTF for our Magic sailing out PC, even though we have no tender ports as well. For us, we like bypassing the checking in lines and having the room ready when we are able to board. The GS line is really nice too, if needed. I have always be fortunate to get FTTF for all of our sailings, since the program started, so the selection of boarding times has not been an issue for us.

Last cruise out of Canaveral we did have FTTF. It was very nice to walk right on at approximately 11:30, bypassing LOTS of people waiting. If you can get an 11:00 am slot, I'm not sure FTTF would be worth it. One nice thing about Canaveral is that the waiting area is indoors. I don't think you'll have to worry about standing outside in the hot sun, at least after you've checked in. I didn't see anyone waiting outside to check in, but maybe others have had that experience.

If you can get an 11:00 am slot, I'm not sure FTTF would be worth it.

To me, having priority boarding and the cabin ready when we do board makes it worth it. Again, that is my opinion. Even if i had a check in time of 11 AM, I would still rather have FTTF.

1st time sailing out of Port Canaveral, & 1st time since Carnival went to staggered boarding times.

1. How far out can you select your boarding time?

2. If you had an 11am time would you still get FTTF? No tender ports on cruise, and no rush for debark. Embark and dedicated guest service line are reasons I'm considering it.

I have no issue waiting after check in for 1/2 hour to an hour, but prefer not to be standing out in the sun at the port waiting to get to check in.

Last cruise we arrived at 10:30, checked in within 20 min and were on the ship by 11:30. This was before the staggered appts and was in Ft Lauderdale,.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

You have to keep checking and 1100 is a great time and FTTF is a waste of $$$.