St Thomas Beach - Abi beach or Secret Sands

sarahsema

Looking for more details on what amenities are available while at Abi Beach and Secret Sands.

We're a multi generational group all with different interests...

looking for a limited crowd, Beach, and available chairs/food/drinks....

kids from 6-12...

Also dealing with food intolerances...

:)

Anyone been on these excursions with DCL recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A simple google search turned up over 100 reviews. I would not pay to do a beach excursion thru DCL. What you want is sun, sand, a beach chair, and transportation. This can usually be done at far less cost on your own than what DCL charges, although in your case it may depend on the ages of the kids. DCL does not extend their careful management of allergies anywhere off the ship except Castaway Cay. You are at the mercy of the tour operator. Bring something pre-packaged that is safe for those needing special care.

Looking for more details on what amenities are available while at Abi Beach and Secret Sands.

We're a multi generational group all with different interests...

looking for a limited crowd, Beach, and available chairs/food/drinks....

kids from 6-12...

Also dealing with food intolerances...

:)

Anyone been on these excursions with DCL recently?

We done the secret sands one back in November. We only wanted beach did not care for much else and was a fair price. It ended being one of the best excursions we went on there ended being tropical drinks included with juice and Naked Turtle rum. And limited snacks. Best beach day didn’t take too long to get there and nice views on the way. Did not leave much time for shopping back at pier but (especially after quite a few of the drinks some items bought usually wouldn’t get). Beach really good for younger kids.

• 2 months later...
A simple google search turned up over 100 reviews. I would not pay to do a beach excursion thru DCL. What you want is sun' date=' sand, a beach chair, and transportation. This can usually be done at far less cost on your own than what DCL charges, although in your case it may depend on the ages of the kids. DCL does not extend their careful management of allergies anywhere off the ship except Castaway Cay. You are at the mercy of the tour operator. Bring something pre-packaged that is safe for those needing special care.[/quote']

I hear you Mokis but what I want is MORE than sand and a beach. Packaged cookies aren't enough for any kid to get through a day at the beach so I need somewhere that serves food too.