room guarantee question

allison61

We are planning a family reunion on Glory next april that includes several children. The best rates do not guarantee room placements. If we called Carnival after booking, would they be able to provide us with rooms side by side for parents and children?

We are planning a family reunion on Glory next april that includes several children. The best rates do not guarantee room placements. If we called Carnival after booking, would they be able to provide us with rooms side by side for parents and children?

No, not if you book a guarantee... a guarantee, does not guarantee you anything... you will be placed where they put you, they will try to put you close, but close could be down the hall or on another deck. Book a specific cabin if you want side by side. If you book a guarantee with children under 21, you will have to put someone in the cabin that is over 25. If you book specific, you can be side by side, with children in one and parents in the other.

We had booked 4 rooms 8A. Through Book/Modify approx. 45 days out I found we were upgraded to Verandah deck. 3 together and 1 way down the hall. A quick call to the T/A saying if they could cluster us at this location it would be great otherwise we were really happy for location and upgrade.

We ended up 3 together. and 1 with 1 room in between. nice. We had 8245 right by the Atrium elevators and we could see into the bridge wing from our balcony. 2 of the rooms opened the divider between balconies. The 3rd in the cluster could not because the swing of the divider would be over the door.

April is a high peak family sailing time. Book your cabins together-especially if youhave little kids.

My kids were on the Riveria deck-- I was on the upper deck. I would NOT take the chance that you would be put together. Booking set cabins also cost more but the peace of mind will be worth it.

Campdaan - I can't find the book/modify on the website :confused: I know I have done that as recently as April but I can't remember where I found it...????? Thanks!

Allison61 - Just an FYI....I have booked cabins side by side and across the hall for April trips in the past, although not on Carnival, it is my experience that the sooner you book the better. I had trouble once in August booking for April and getting what I really wanted and had to compromise for a different cabin level then I originally planned because the cabins were scooped up before I put my deposit down and it wound up costing me more money one time as well.

I am booked. (WOO HOO! booked yesterday) I looked for it last night but did not see it. Do you know where I find it on the cruise details page? Perhaps I was just being daft. It was rather late and I was tired. I'll try and find it again.

I am booked. (WOO HOO! booked yesterday) I looked for it last night but did not see it. Do you know where I find it on the cruise details page? Perhaps I was just being daft. It was rather late and I was tired. I'll try and find it again.

Go to your profile and add your booking number.

Its a special done by crucon. One thats given to me for my group. If there is a week you are looking at--give crucon a call and see what they can do.

I am looking at Alaska, but for an individual cruise, not a CC group cruise. Does this ruin my chances?

I just checked crucon and the deposit is only $200 for the three of us for an Alaskan Cruise!!! Have you ever used them before? ARe they reliable? How is the customer service? Also, I noticed for our dining options they only give us the option of personal choice... what about Traditional dining?

And if i book with crucon, can I transfer my booking to Princess?

Once you book with any agency--you can transfer the booking to another agency- (some agencies charge for that--crucon dos not) but wait til you paid your full deposit before you transfer. If you transfer it- you will need the full 250pp deposit.

When you booked you should have been asked traditional or personal choice. I know we were asked. Traditional seems to fill out quickly. and may be waitlisted for your sailing.

Once you book with any agency--you can transfer the booking to another agency- (some agencies charge for that--crucon dos not) but wait til you paid your full deposit before you transfer. If you transfer it- you will need the full 250pp deposit.

When you booked you should have been asked traditional or personal choice. I know we were asked. Traditional seems to fill out quickly. and may be waitlisted for your sailing.

Go to your profile and add your booking number.

I had put in my booking no. and I get the cruise details page without a problem and get to see that lovely countdown on the website :D but I still don't see the book/modify link.

I did a search here and and tried the old link but it did not work then I read in some other threads that it no longer works unless you booked through Carnival directly??

Anyway...I really only wanted to see it for the fun of it and I guess to see if it showed my dining preference. I actually selected a cabin for this sailing (Panorama Deck, Balcony) and when I book gty's I like the surprise factor! BUT if I am just missing somthing let me know :cool:

I had put in my booking no. and I get the cruise details page without a problem and get to see that lovely countdown on the website :D but I still don't see the book/modify link.

I did a search here and and tried the old link but it did not work then I read in some other threads that it no longer works unless you booked through Carnival directly??

Anyway...I really only wanted to see it for the fun of it and I guess to see if it showed my dining preference. I actually selected a cabin for this sailing (Panorama Deck, Balcony) and when I book gty's I like the surprise factor! BUT if I am just missing somthing let me know :cool:

Liza, you may have missed where Serene replied to you above, that you need to be booked with Carnival to see the book/modify...

Liza, you may have missed where Serene replied to you above, that you need to be booked with Carnival to see the book/modify...

well now that you mention it.......lol....I misread that last night :eek: It was very late and I was sitting here dreaming about my cruise and sipping a beverage in my Carnival souvenier cup and simply misread it :o

Am in "cruiserville" these days......will be interesting to see what other faux pas' I make over the next 2 months!

Archived