MSC Divina- kid pool?

Those people3836

going on our first MSC in a week with 1.5 year old and 8 year old. I just realized that the baby will probably not be allowed in the main pools and I can't find any information on a kid pool or splash pad thing. Does anyone know if there is a water area they are allowed?

Also, if you cruised with a baby that age and there wasn't a pool, what did you do to occupy them and keep them cool!

Hey there! I went with my little one in May and they were 20 months at that time. There is a shallow area that surrounds the main pool area but doesn't connect to it directly. She just splashed around in there. There is also a shallow area in the in door pool as well. They really enjoyed it, as there were other kiddos the same age joining in on the fun so it was lots of fun. The only thing is on port days, that area is drained. So they won't be able to use it unfortunately. On those port days we took her to the kids area for the younger ones and they have a shaded play ground for them to run around in. Hope this helps!

Enjoy your cruise, we will be back on the divina in Sept! That's how much we loved it. :)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your response and info! Unfortunately we are only going on the 3 day to try it out and it is in port most of the time. Just to be sure, our baby isn't potty trained yet but he does have the "swim diaper" thing that doesn't let any of the dirtiness out, are they technically allowed to splash around in the shallow area?

Mine wasn't PT either on the trip. I asked specific if they were allowed in the shallow area and the pool guards/attendants/customer services said it was fine as long as they stayed in the shallow area supervised. If you are in port I would suggest taking a short taxi ride or walk to the nearest beach. That's what we did at least.

I'm not sure which islands you guys are hitting up. But you can always ask the locals or the excursion people will know of the nearest beaches. I hope this helps.

(Also, MSC provides free stroller rental for the week)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

When we travelled with our 20 month twin grandsons, we took a small blow up paddling pool, added a few inches of water, put it in the shade, they were happy for hours..... So were we! ;) This was on NCL. Pool staff thought it was a great idea.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We traveled with our 21 mo. They absolutely would not let us go in the pool withe swim diapers. We just didn't put them on her and wen to the shallow area. She had a ball! The tiles are slippery, get some water shoes. I posted a review about traveling with the kids after our last trip January 2017. (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2450611) We should have brought some water or beach toys with us!! We are going on the Seaside in January 2017. Enjoy your cruise!

16299119_10210257230764824_549732074966460667_n.jpg?oh=7c575c4b5e283e3a2483d2f2a49b5411&oe=5A041476