Any check in documents to take?

stuartgrn

Hi. We are new to MSC. I have a question about what you need to take with you when you check in. We have sailed with Celebrity and Royal and when you complete the online check in you print out a "Set Sail Pass" which you present at check in with your passport. I have just completed my online check in for our September cruise and have nothing that needed printing out. Is it the case you don't get anything to print out after online check in? If not, what documents do i need to take with me when I arrive. Just my passport?

Hi. We are new to MSC. I have a question about what you need to take with you when you check in. We have sailed with Celebrity and Royal and when you complete the online check in you print out a "Set Sail Pass" which you present at check in with your passport. I have just completed my online check in for our September cruise and have nothing that needed printing out. Is it the case you don't get anything to print out after online check in? If not, what documents do i need to take with me when I arrive. Just my passport?

About 3 weeks before your cruise, your "your set sail" passes, cruise info, and luggage tags become available for print. You will need the first several pages to check in. It's similar to RCI.

The actual check in process is different, as they really only check your tickets and ID. Then when you get on the ship they take your picture and then you pick up your room keys in your rooms.

I actually liked the process! You get on the ship quicker!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It is wise to print out from their Web site, and your own account, anything that MSC call "BOOKED SERVICES"

This would be things such as:- excursions; laundry packages; internet packages; etc, etc

In my own experience I also had a case to prove once on board that I had booked back to back cruises.

My wife and I had booked 2 x 14 night cruise, one round the Caribbean followed by a trans-Atlantic crossing.

When I inquired if I could have cabin cards for the entire 28 days and not 2 passes for 14 days each. I was told this was OK for my wife but that I was not booked on the second cruise.

Luckily I had invoices for all four cruises , 2 in my wife's name and 2 in my name, and was able to produce them.

somehow the system had no record of my booking for me.

but it was accepted that I had booked , and paid for the second 14 days

So in essence take a copy of every item that you have pre ordered or prepaid for every email that confirms the facts

MSC are crap at sending the full and correct information to the ship.

At the moment I am having to sort out the Cirque du Soleil bookings I have made from my Meraviglia

booking one area of the web site records bookings for both shows, the final invoice,, but my "BOOKED SERVICES" only has one the shows booked

Hope this is of use to you and is what I have learned to do after 15 cruises with them

pete