Millennium Specialty Restaurant

hardingk

Last year, on Summit, there were some great choices. I do not have a copy of the menu, but can tell you a few things: goat cheese souffle appetizer was wonderful, lamb chops done in a beef-wellington style were delicious, the chocolate bombe, done like it was in 1939 on "Normandie" was scrumptious - so my wife says. I had fabulous lobster bisque, followed by great shrimp scampi wrapped in bacon, flambeed tableside and finished with balsamic viagrette, followed by chocolate souffle with mocha creme anglaise (my first) which was beyond my expectations and which was so large that I could not finish it (unthinkable for a chocolate lover). Also, the wait staff pressed us to try the cheese selection; I was not a great cheese lover. I left the selection to him. Wonderful! As a result, for the rest of the cruise, and on the one on Century this year, I ordered the cheese course every night in the dining room. Hope this helps to at least wet your appetite. Will definitely opt for the specialty dining room on any Celebrity ship that has it.

Last year, on Summit, there were some great choices. I do not have a copy of the menu, but can tell you a few things: goat cheese souffle appetizer was wonderful, lamb chops done in a beef-wellington style were delicious, the chocolate bombe, done like it was in 1939 on "Normandie" was scrumptious - so my wife says. I had fabulous lobster bisque, followed by great shrimp scampi wrapped in bacon, flambeed tableside and finished with balsamic viagrette, followed by chocolate souffle with mocha creme anglaise (my first) which was beyond my expectations and which was so large that I could not finish it (unthinkable for a chocolate lover). Also, the wait staff pressed us to try the cheese selection; I was not a great cheese lover. I left the selection to him. Wonderful! As a result, for the rest of the cruise, and on the one on Century this year, I ordered the cheese course every night in the dining room. Hope this helps to at least wet your appetite. Will definitely opt for the specialty dining room on any Celebrity ship that has it.

Archived