Carry on Luggage (at cruise port)

kdinkus1

We are leaving in 3 days for the CB. For the first time we will be carrying on a bag. We usually pack everything but this time we ran out of room. Hate to say it but it's my fault because I've been reading the boards and implementing everyones advice on what 'extra's' to bring. Now I have another piece of luggage and a very UPSET DH. :mad: ha ha

Anyway, my question is... is it pretty common to carry-on luggage? I have wracked my brain trying to remember seeing someone else lugging a duffel bag onboard, but all I remember are coolers, etc. Maybe I should just unpack and begin again, leaving things at home??

Thanks to everyone who answers and doesn't think this is a 'really stupid question' !

We will have one rolling carry-on PER PERSON, one garment bag, and a shoulder tote with my purse in it. One of the carry-ons will have bottled water, and soda and a Wine Cube in it. The other will have a change of clothes, bathing suits, and our toiletries, jewelry, cameras, etc.

We did this on our last cruise and it worked out well. We had everything we needed for the first few hours on board and we weren't waiting around for our luggage to get to the room.

When we get our color coded luggage tags in the mail from Princess, I always make a few extra on my color copier...then before we board the ship we purchase a case of wine or champagne and water, have the liquour store put them in a box and tape a completed Princess color coded luggage tag to it....we check it with our regular luggage when we get to the port and it shows up in our room with everything else, we have even just taped the Princess tag to the plastic wrapping on a case of water with no problem...but we ALWAYS carry our valuables with us to our room in a duffle or rolling bag. Sissy

We only do carry on luggage even for our 10 day cruises, we haven't had a bag sent to our cabin in years. We each have one small bag and I carry a small tote with the camera's, paperwork, etc.

Please detail how you do that. DW and I take every thing on a cruise except the kitchen sink.

Please detail how you do that. DW and I take every thing on a cruise except the kitchen sink.

Space bags are a great help! Princess has laundry facilities on board so on a 10-day cruise it works out great. We travel before our cruises and its just too complicated to take so much stuff. I normally found if I took alot I never wore half of it anyway, on a cruise you can usually buy anything that you would have to have. Once you try it you will never go back to packing all that stuff, its absolute freedom.

I travel 100% for my work, so I have been practicing packing for years. My first thought is always if I don't have something, I can buy it when I get there; this reduces any stress in packing. Next, if you love shoes, forget it!! My sister usually has one entire bag just for shoes -- LOL. Toiletries are all in refillable travel sizes. I make due with the hair dryer on board. One formal outfit for both nights. I did 2-1/2 weeks in Asia with carry-on, so I can manage a 7 or 10 day cruise with the same -- plus the ship does have a laundry and shops if needed.

Archived