How Comfy/Uncomfy are the Jewel's beds?

berbet

Taking our 1st ever cruise on the Jewel. Somewhere I read that cruise ship beds are notoriously uncomfortable and some cruisers bring egg shell foam mattresses to put over the existing mattress. For those of you who've sailed on the Jewel, how are the beds? Comfy or did they hurt your back? Should I bring an egg shell foam pad? Tx in advance!

We just got off the Jewel Thanksgiving cruise. I found the beds to be quite firm. At home, I have a high-end Stearns and Foster pillow top mattress, so this was quite different. My tailbone hurt through much of the cruise, but I wasn't sure if it was the bed, or the bumpy ride we took the day we were on Antigua! Another difference is how low the beds are. My bed at home is fairly tall, so being that close to the floor felt a little strange. I've heard some people say that if you ask your cabin steward, he will bring you an egg crate mattress to use. But, if it's really important to you, I'd recommend bringing your own, just to be safe.

After the first night on the Jewel beds, we asked our steward to put egg crates on the bed. That made it just perfect. I can't imagine having enough room in luggage to bring your own. If you like firm mattresses, you'll be very happy.

lanabanana: So, the ship has egg crates that they will put on the bed? This is good to know as you are right, I don't really have room to carry one with me but would have sent it in a box. lktomkies: We are used to a Select Comfort mattress and I'm sure will find the beds too firm. Thanks everyone.

Archived