Boarding

Lady of the Lakes

What difference does it make? Aren't all ports the same? I mean, read these posts. Everybody either gets on and off in 10 minutes, or have a 6 hour endurance marathon. Sometimes it's in between, but not often according to the posts.:rolleyes: Try noon, sounds like a safe bet.:cool:

What difference does it make? Aren't all ports the same? I mean, read these posts. Everybody either gets on and off in 10 minutes, or have a 6 hour endurance marathon. Sometimes it's in between, but not often according to the posts.:rolleyes: Try noon, sounds like a safe bet.:cool:

Actually noon will put you right in the middle of the rush. Get there early say 11 or late around 2 - 2:30 generally. Each port has it's little quirks.

The OP also asked about parking and that is way different everywhere.

I am a big fan of arriving about 30-45 minutes prior to the "official" start of boarding. Lines are usually shorter and I like as much time as possible onboard before departure. Also, I've noticed ships tend to start boarding earlier than the "ofiicial" start time.

If your docs state 'boarding begins at 1pm', you'll be ok to be there by 11ish. I usually get to the pier about 1.5-2 hrs. before the stated time, and am on the ship having lunch by 12:30. Enjoy your cruise!:)

See the roll eyes icon, it's a hint........ Thanks for the tip about 11AM. I will use it.

Lighten up folks, it's all about vacation, having fun, exciting expectations!

Now quit joyriding the CC boards and get back to work!:D

Seems like there's some sort of parade scheduled for tomorrow (Sunday, 12/4/05) in Fort Lauderdale that's actually closing down part of I-595, but it looks like our hotel (and the port) are both east of the parade route, so we shouldn't have any trouble... We're planning to leave our hotel in a shuttle at 10am or 10:30am.

(P.S. We tried calling for a cab in Fort Lauderdale for fifteen minutes today--dinnertime on Saturday--and only got busy signals, so don't depend on timely cabs if you're staying over Saturday night!)

Archived