Any geo-caching cruisers here???

kg4pit

Hello fellow cruisers!! My husband and I are geo-cachers and was wondering if any other cruisers have geo-cached in any of the ports? We would love to get one from Cozumel and Progresso on our next cruise... If you don't know what geo-caching is, it's kind of like treasure hunting..to see what it actually is, go to geocaching.com

:cool:

You can just directly to the website and search for caches in each country. If you are a premium

Member you can even set a pocket querie with the cruise port as a center location. The info on gc would be more

Current as far as

If the cache is still there. You also can use the gc map feature to look around

Here is one example of one near the cruise port and would be a good central starting point.

GCTXME

Edited by CheapieD

I've geocached in multiple ports of call. (been a few years as my GPS broke and I never replaced it). Cozumel had a few good ones close to the port.

I went by the name SeaScout on the GC website. You can check my logs if they are still there.

Us, we are premium members on geocaching.com. We have looked over the maps and have seen several in Cozumel, especially on the route of the Cozumel bar hop tour. Probably get at least one of those. I'm also looking to see how active and how often the caches are found. I have a travel bug in memory of my mom. She passed away in 2015... She loved cruising and the last place she cruised to was Cozumel, I think. I would love to drop "Mama's hummingbird" in Cozumel.. But if there's a big chance it won't be picked up, I will probably just have it "visit" there and then drop it off somewhere else after the cruise. I just want it to go to Cozumel for sure!