20 November QM2 Transatlantic Crossing

rjms74

Hello,

I have just returned from a short stay in NYC after an enjoyable crossing on QM2.

The seas were like a mill pond and very calm, apart from a moderate force 4 swell one day and there were quite a few sunny days on the deck. My overall impressions of the ship are very good although I feel service is nowhere near as good as the QE2. That being said the facilities such as the swimming pools and many bar areas are very impressive - the ship though sadly likes the ambience and charm that is QE2 and I can only hope this would start to 'appear' over the coming years?!

I dine in the Grills on QE2 and was I have to say impressed with the food & overall service in the Brittania Restaurant which I found comparable to the Caronia Restaurant on QE2 (with the exception of breakfast service which ranged from good to very slow!). Most fellow passengers I spoke to all preferred QE2. I feel one main area that Cunard have to address is the single supplement policy - for this very reason my money is still on QE2 for the time being & I look forward to my US crossing & cruise to Canada next September on what in my opinion is still very much the Queen of the Seas.

I will write a short review later this weekend & it would be good to hear other thoughts from anyone who was also on this crossing.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Archived