An Observation on HAL

TidePrideGA

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I just wanted to say this. 6 months ago I barely knew what a cruiseship looked like, but in the last 6 months of hanging out here I've seen tons of pictures of tons of cruiseships. Most recently, RevNeal's awesome pics of his cruise (where his camera just seemed to gravitate toward the other ships).

HAL really does have the best looking ships by a country mile. Most of the others look alike and you have to see the stacks for the whale fin, or the X, or whatever to tell the difference. You can spot a HAL ship instantly.

The more research I've done, the more grateful I am to my TA for putting us on HAL (of course, it also happened to match our time and desired itinerary).

10 days! Woo hoo!

One thing I do like about HAL is that the ships look like the grand ocean liners of days gone bye and not the wierd things that look like shopping carts or spacecraft from another world like the new ships on some other lines look like.

But hey, outside of the ambience, the service is still good too and that's what counts in the end.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I just wanted to say this. 6 months ago I barely knew what a cruiseship looked like, but in the last 6 months of hanging out here I've seen tons of pictures of tons of cruiseships. Most recently, RevNeal's awesome pics of his cruise (where his camera just seemed to gravitate toward the other ships).

HAL really does have the best looking ships by a country mile. Most of the others look alike and you have to see the stacks for the whale fin, or the X, or whatever to tell the difference. You can spot a HAL ship instantly.

The more research I've done, the more grateful I am to my TA for putting us on HAL (of course, it also happened to match our time and desired itinerary).

10 days! Woo hoo!

congrats on your first cruise!!! We sailed on the westerdams sister ship the Oosterdam this past jan and LOVED HAL. we cannot wait to sail on the Westerdam this January!!

Please take LOTS of pictures and post them when you get back! Have a safe and fun cruise! :)

EDIT: you will love HAL! I hope the waters are calm enough for you to stop at half moon cay for sure!

Archived