anytime dining possible with traditional dining?

Robrph

You can use the anytime dining but, as a traditional dining card holder, they will not allow you to use it during prime time. Guess that means it is not truely "anytime" but if you wanted to eat at 8:00Pm or 9:00pm you could. If there were a show or other event that conflicts with your traditional dining time you could use this to work around it without having to go to an extra cost venue. You could also use room service or Horizon Court as other dining options.

Anytime Dining is the best.

Whats freedom worth??

We ate at a different time every night and it was like going to a nice restaurant with reservations in advance.

Who wants structure on vacation? Not us.

We just like the freedom and flexibility of the PC dining. I wish X had that also.

Don

Thankfully on one of our cruises when the traditional dinners went to their diningroom late and were sent away and turned up at anytime--the maitre'd was checking cruise cards and also turning the Traditional's away since there were anytimers waiting to be seated.

Last Dec. on the Golden we were on late seating and had been on a waiting list and got a table when we got on ship. It was sad to see so many empty and half empty tables in the diningroom, and I wondered if anytime dinners were having long waits. They started bringing down people that were waiting for anytime,down to fill up the tables.

I saw this same expereince in January on the Grand. My wife and I were assigned Anytime Dining, but one evening a couple with traditional dining asked if we would join them for dinner at their table. We said that would be difficult as we would be taking seats away from those at thier table, and they just laughed. They were at a table of 8 and they were the only ones who showed up all week at their table. Anyway, we went, and the dining room really was almost deserted--and that night only 4 of us ate at the table for 8. It was pretty clear that folks with traditional dining were using the anytime dining rooms as another dining option.

So let me get this straight. We are traditional first sitting and are happy with that. However on our next cruise 3 of us join in Ft L and 2 join in Barbados. The 2 joining from Barbados are PC. They are my DD and soon to be SIL. They are getting married aboard and on the evening of the wedding we would naturally want to dine together. Will we be able to do PC afer 8.00pm? The alternative, I suppose, is to book the speciality restaurant as I don't fancy the buffet.

So let me get this straight. We are traditional first sitting and are happy with that. However on our next cruise 3 of us join in Ft L and 2 join in Barbados. The 2 joining from Barbados are PC. They are my DD and soon to be SIL. They are getting married aboard and on the evening of the wedding we would naturally want to dine together. Will we be able to do PC afer 8.00pm? The alternative, I suppose, is to book the speciality restaurant as I don't fancy the buffet.

First, congratulations on the your daughter's wedding!! In theory, you would not be able to dine with each other in either the traditional or anytime dining rooms. You could certainly make a reservation at one of the Specialty Restaurants. In practice, my guess is that you could get away eating together in the anytime dining room.

Archived