Barrachina- for storing luggage

Robrph

anyone encounter problems using Barrachina for storing luggage while in San Juan? The map on the website isn't very detailed- how far from the cruise piers is the place? Is the Old City business nearby? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

no, we left a tip in a jar. there is no charge. We didnt even eat there...... It is a good 5-10 min walk. you walk up a street, then over 2 blocks the the left, then up one more block, then left again for 2 more blocks. I isnt hard to find, but we had to lug all our bags there. I had 2 heavy carry ons, and pulled my suitcase. We are young guys and SWEAT came down. It was a task though. We went there rather then the place across the street. Cause, on sunday, the place across the street from the pier closed at 1.30pm that sunday

We are choosing to use

http://www.audioguiapr.com/

to store our luggage on this trip. It is right across the street from Pier 4. There is a charge however:

$3 - large bags

$2 - medium bags

$1 - small bags

& $18 for a ride back to the airport

Last year when we stopped at Barrachina's for a Pina Colada - we saw people dragging their luggage into the back of the stores and restaurant to store - then when they left they would have to lug it along the cobblestone street and around the corner in order to catch a cab.

We just thought it would be worth the few dollars for the location of Audioguia and the trip to the airport. We will be there on a Sat.

Hope this helps,

Kaye

• 6 years later...

We used them in March with no problem.

I really didn't see it as "lugging" our bags as another poster said.

Yes - the restaurant is in the front of the building and the luggage is stored in the back. But personally, that's how I would like it to be. You have to go through the restaurant (outdoor courtyard) to put away your luggage, and by the same token, to take it out.

The streets are very narrow and many of them are one way in OSJ. You have to go down to the corner to hail a cab., but we had no problems doing that at all.

Ann

Archived