Carnival Vista - Gluten Free in Specialty Restaurants i.e. JiJi's

JSADesigns

Heading onto Vista this Sunday! Feeling pretty good about gluten free options in MDR. I've read such good reviews for JiJi's at dinner, I would like to make a reservation. But most Asian restaurants use soy sauce in most dishes. Does anyone know if JiJi's has any GF options for dinner ? Would they use GF soy sauce upon request? Thanks in advance for the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the Vista. Answering my own question for whoever else needs the answer...Jiji is definitely worth a dinner reservation. It was the best meal we ate all week. The service was also excellent. They were very accommodating to gluten free. They do not have GF soy sauce but omit it in the dish if possible. They have various hot sauces you can add to the dish to customize it. If you are ambitious, I would suggest bringing your own GF soy sauce and requesting they use in your preparation.

Thanks for reporting back! I'm pleasantly surprised you were able to have such a good gluten-free experience in an Italian place:) Will def have to try this now.
JiJi's isn't Italian, it's Asian cuisine.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Just back from the Vista. Answering my own question for whoever else needs the answer...Jiji is definitely worth a dinner reservation. It was the best meal we ate all week. The service was also excellent. They were very accommodating to gluten free. They do not have GF soy sauce but omit it in the dish if possible. They have various hot sauces you can add to the dish to customize it. If you are ambitious, I would suggest bringing your own GF soy sauce and requesting they use in your preparation.

Will be on Vista in November so thank you for sharing the gluten-free information

There are plenty of threads about eating GF in the MDR. Just a recap, the afternoon you embark, go to Deck 5 near the coffee where you check in for dinner. Tell them you are GF. They will show you the menu and take your whole order for dinner. Then you will be labeled "Special Order" for the rest of the cruise. Each night, they will take your oder for the next night. I did order Veal Parm one night just to see what would happen and I got pan fried, GF bread crumbed veal parm! The meat was a little tough, but to eat fried bread crumbs was a treat!! I also ordered one of the desserts one time GF and what came was really pretty good. Also GF chocolate melting cake every day available, but after 2 times, I needed a break.

• 5 months later...