First Time Cruiser on the Elation

gollareny

How did a 15 year old manage to get a confirmation letter? Last time I checked you had to be an adult to cruise alone on Carnival, or did he simply read mail that wasn't addressed to him or is this one playing a game with us?

Geez, :eek: give the kid a break!!! I think it's great that they were trying to find information about a vacation they had planned.

Enjoy your cruise and continue to seek information:D :cool:

It's a great ship and a great cruise. If you'ld like to check out a couple hundred pictures from my daughter's and my first Carnival cruise, here's the address: http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=4286255003

nice pics.... i have a question though? Is there a sushi bar? My brother just tried sushi for the first time and loves it so it would be funny to see him flip out when he sees it if it really is there. I saw it on a sign in your pictures. Thanks anyway. By the way, im 14, almost 15.

nice pics.... i have a question though? Is there a sushi bar? My brother just tried sushi for the first time and loves it so it would be funny to see him flip out when he sees it if it really is there. I saw it on a sign in your pictures. Thanks anyway. By the way, im 14, almost 15.

Yep, there's a sushi bar on the Promenade deck just off the Atrium...That sign I think was actually it. It's not very big but if you look carefully you'll find it!

Im really glad most members here show us young members respect. Thank you guys. Also, When i went on the elation 4 years ago, i dont remember it having sushi, but they majorly Changed the ship 2 years ago and added stuff, so i wouldnt be suprised if it had it. Make sure you enjoy your cruise man! And have some fun for me. Im going on the elation April 30th so make sure you tell me how it is!!! I was 11 last time i was on so i dont remember it very well. In fact, I dont even think it had the water slide on it until recently.

CruiseFan: Where else have you been? I went to Italy when I was in 7th grade and to Canada in 9th grade so I think it's great that young people get to travel out of the country. Not many people I know have been able to do that, so I guess we're lucky like that!

hey, don't forget to sign up for camp carnival on the first night of sailing. Bieng 15, they'll help introduce you to the other teens, plan a ton of teen special activities and help break the ice. My kids, 12, 14 and 18 love and loved the camp and had a great time meeting new friends. Also, not every teen shows up on time for activities so don't give up if you're the first one there.

Husband and I have the elation booked in sept. doing turks, st. thomas, co cays and such. Don't forget to write a good review and let us know how it was. let us know what you're looking for. I've done st. thomas twice and others here can help too.

welcome.

carol

Lets see, i have been to a lot of the islands almost 2-3 times. Im not sure if i mentioned this b4...but this will be my 8th or 9th cruise. We have been as far as Porta Vallarta (on the elation. I never really went out of the U.S (except Mexico). I would love to do a cruise to Italy!! I love To go to St. Thomas, But Cozemel is definitly my favorite Island because i love scuba diving (certified since I was 10). It sad to hear that it was ripped up from Hurricane Wilma, but when she came Directly thru here (South FL) she did damage to our house too (Go figure) LOL! Nimberx, I do like going to the Camp carnival program, but i think i may be too old when we go on the cruise. Isnt the Limit 15? Because when we sail i will be 16. I do usually meet a lot of friends from this, and last time i was on the Elation i met a couple people from Fairbanks Alaska i still talk to!

Lets see, i have been to a lot of the islands almost 2-3 times. Im not sure if i mentioned this b4...but this will be my 8th or 9th cruise. We have been as far as Porta Vallarta (on the elation. I never really went out of the U.S (except Mexico). I would love to do a cruise to Italy!! I love To go to St. Thomas, But Cozemel is definitly my favorite Island because i love scuba diving (certified since I was 10). It sad to hear that it was ripped up from Hurricane Wilma, but when she came Directly thru here (South FL) she did damage to our house too (Go figure) LOL! Nimberx, I do like going to the Camp carnival program, but i think i may be too old when we go on the cruise. Isnt the Limit 15? Because when we sail i will be 16. I do usually meet a lot of friends from this, and last time i was on the Elation i met a couple people from Fairbanks Alaska i still talk to!

My trip to Italy was land based, so I'd love to see it from a ship, too! Actually now that I'm older I just want to see it so I can have some "adult" memories now. The things I remember from traveling young are interesting, but well...my priorities are different these days. LOL

I read the hurricane did damage in Cozumel but the cool thing is that it changed the old sites and made swim-throughs that are bigger and moved the sand around so now you can re-dive places you went before and they'll look different. I never did any diving in Cozumel and I would love to but I don't mix diving and cruising. Both too exhausting to be done together for me. Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences. I gotta start packing now! I'll be headed for Galveston this weekend to hop on Elation on Monday.

Yep, there's a sushi bar on the Promenade deck just off the Atrium...That sign I think was actually it. It's not very big but if you look carefully you'll find it!

As I remember, the sushi bar (and that was the whole bar!), was only open for about 1 or 2 hours a day----at a time that wasn't convenient for us to try it. I think it opened something like 5pm. I'm not a huge sushi fan, so didn't pay too much attention to it.

Does anyone know if Damien is still on the Elation? If not, what ship he's on now? He was fantastic!

Damian was on Conquest in September and from what I understand will be there until his contract is up...then he's going to be writing a rock opera or something along those lines. Seems right up his alley!

I am leaving in the morning to head to Galveston...Y'all...I just have to say I am finally getting really excited. Now I think I'm OVER-excited. I am nearly completely packed and I don't know what I'm going to do with myself for the rest of the evening. I swear...compared to my Conquest cruise where I had to pack days and days prior to heading to Galveston because we were evacuating because of hurricane Rita the lack of anything to do tonight is torture! :eek: And I'm alone in the house tonight! I think I'm going to burst!!!

~thanks for letting me vent...you may now return to your regularly scheduled thread! LOL

Damian was on Conquest in September and from what I understand will be there until his contract is up...then he's going to be writing a rock opera or something along those lines. Seems right up his alley!

I was hoping he'd be on Paradise. He certainly was good!

I was hoping he'd be on Paradise. He certainly was good!

I thought he did a particulary rousing rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody!! He's got such an interesting personality. I made it to the piano bar the last night of the cruise (go figure!) and was really sorry I hadn't gotten to see more!

I will inform everyone on the sushi bar. Its really not for me, its for my 13 year old brother and 13 year old neighbor. Cheshyrkat, have a nice cruise. As for me, on my last cruise, i went to the camp carnival thing very little. I went the first night to meet alot of people, and we just made our own plans from there. We would go to the disco every night. I just never saw anything interesting. My brother, 12 at the time, met alot of good friends there and always seemed to find the good stuff to do. We just sat around alot of the time, talked, went to the pool every now and then, and just hung out. The pool and hot tub were never really that fun because until later at night, there were alot of little kids running around.

Cheshyrkat, i know you were talking about out of country with cruisefan, and im going to italy and greece next year during the summer. And wouldnt you know it, its getting topped off with a Greek Island cruise! That is something im really looking for

Talk to everyone later

• 2 weeks later...

Cruisefan13 and Hot Hockett:

Thanks for your good wishes! I had a great time on Elation. A beautiful ship! Hot Hockett: Have a great time overseas...that sounds like an amazing trip. That's one of the things I miss about still being young and "under warranty" as my mom calls it...They travel to some nice places and when I was younger they'd take me with them! Now I gotta pay for it all...Count your blessings! :p

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cruisefan13,

I don't know if you're still reading posts, but I think you sound like a fine young man. My daughter is 12(turning thirteen on the elation when we sail in September.) She is just as excited and this is her 7th cruise. I hope that people will treat her with more respect if she makes the effort to post and meet people. The confirmation letter would have startled me,too.

Good luck on your cruise, and I hope that you have a great time.

Debbie

Archived