Rider in double ATV or Dune Buggy also paying full price?

Produce123

Hi there. We are doing stops at St Kitts and Grand Turk and would love to do either a dune buggy or ATV excursion. However places like Zoom Zoom Tours charge full price for both my girlfriend and myself even though I will only be driving. If tours are charging full price for the rider, we might as well each get our own vehicles. Is this normal? Most other places seem to charge half price for the rider. Can anyone recommend a tour that is more reasonable? Thank you.

I think there's an age limit for the paasenger to be half-priced. Mygrandson was 12 when he rode with my son in St. Kitts. Only half price was charged. Maybe you can talk them out for the discount.

You may get suggestions for other options at the respective Port of Call Forums.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A crafty ATV con we experienced in Bonaire a few years back.

The ATVs were charged per 2-seat vehicle on ship-sponsored booking with either single or double riders. Girlfriend and I booked an ATV..

On arrival at the depot, a short walk from the ship, we were told that our combined weight was too heavy so we'd have to take - and pay for - a second one.

We're not overweight, and no weight limit was mentioned in the booking details.

Same applied to all in the group who'd booked one buggy for two people.

Including a small & skinny couple.

Under-16s weren't allowed at all, and we cottoned-on that no two adults would be under their weight limit.

It was clearly a scam to boost their sales.

We declined, said we'd skip the thing entirely and get refunds from the ship.

Others said the same.

That led to a change of heart, they decided that since we were all experienced riders (we weren't) they'd make an exception.

Girlfriend and I swapped places a time or two, and the ride was a hoot.

But we still reported the dubious weight regulation at the purser's office when we got back to the ship.

Anyone know if this still happens?

JB :)

It's usual for tours vs renting a car or vehicle with no strings attached. You can look for dune buggy rentals and go to the same sites as the tours yourself and probably save money.

They usually price based on 2 or more per vehicle depending on the vehicle type and expect you to switch off if you want. You're both getting the "tour" and pay the same. Like the fare for your cabin.

You and and your gf can't both get a solo vehicle for the same price, you'll be put with someone else.