Golden Ending - June 13

cruiserw/kids

Where is everybody who disembarked from their Golden Southern Carib cruise on June 13? All of us future cruisers are waiting to hear from you. What did you like? What did you dislike? What were your favorite shore excursions? We are dying to know!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;7;4;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Westfield Friends - July 4th Golden Princess

I just got home tonight. We had all kind of problems with flights getting home and we arrived home a day late. We loved the cruise. I will try to write a review as soon as possible. I have to go to work tomorrow. I promise I will write the review soon.

Hi guys,

I've recently arrived home in the UK from this cruise.

I have to admit though, after last year my expectations were only slightly dashed. The ship's lovely and clean, the food is excellent as per usual (and lots of it!) And the people you meet are wonderful.

However, I thought that the cruise staff were slightly wooden and instantly forgettable, I can't remember many of their names. I think that you may enjoy them just because of their Britishness.

The production shows cost so much money for the rights to them, that they don't appear to change. I did the Eastern and Western cruise in early May last year and saw all the shows then, I've had the pleasure of seeing them again. On this cruise, at least 3 evening's worth of entertainment in either the Vista lounge or the Princess theatre was taken up by showing movies, one of which was in Spanish to cater for the extremely loud and somewhat rude Latin element.

I must stress though, these are only very minor criticisms from my experience, many people will write and say I'm talking rubbish and that they enjoyed them, but it's only MY opinion. Put everyone's opinions together to form your own.

I still had a fantastic time, the itinerary's are great, you could make your own entertainment just by talking to your fellow diners or bar propper-uppers in the evenings and I would endeavor to go again (only not from San Jaun!) icon_biggrin.gif

We arrived home a day late, too! We were taken off the plane due to weight restrictions (I guess we ate too much!) in Miami because of bad weather in Pittsburgh. By the way, if no one volunteers to be removed from a flight they determine who is taken off the plane by (1)who paid the least for their flights, then (2)when you paid for your flight. And I was so proud for for getting a great deal on our tickets!

We spent the night in Miami and flew to Chicago on an 8am flight the next morning. Problem was, we didn't leave Chicago until almost 9PM (due to weather in Ohio)...getting us home after midnight last night. It was not a great way to end the cruise!

I'll get my thoughts together and write a review by tomorrow.

We had a great time and met some wonderful CCers (Steve, Lisa, Don, Judy, Roger, & Steven). Hi, to you all!

I'll post my review soon.

Nancy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;06;06;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

June 6-Golden

Archived