Going on Enchanment 12/24 have some questions?...

ZIPBAGS

My family and I are going on our first cruise on 12/24. The Enchantment to the Western Caribbean. What is the weather like on the "at sea" days? Also, how formal do you and kids have to dress for formal dinner nights? And finally, if they don't allow irons. How do you iron your wrinkled clothes?

Thanks!

ps-We are planning to bring holiday gifts for the kids. Can we bring a sealed box aboard.

Weather: We had beautiful weather for our cruise (11/7). Your results may vary.

No Irons: We bring Downy wrinkle reducer spray and it works well.

For Formal Night: DH has a black suit he bought especially for cruises. It is made of microfiber fabric and resists wrinkles. He wears a nice color shirt (purple is my favorite) and tie with it. I either wear a black cocktail dress (also wrinkle resistant) or black dressy pants and a nice blouse/top.

How old are your kids? Boys or girls?

Of course, you can always eat in the Windjammer on formal night so you don't have to worry about formal evening clothes.

Hope this helps.

Go to http://www.weather.com for the weather reports. It could be 80 degrees or 60 degrees as a high in Florida. I personally wouldn't pack an iron in the suitcase. I iron my clothes at home and pack them neatly in the suitcase, for the most part they are wrinkle free when I go to unpack. As far as the formal night goes, I would dress your kids in something similar to going to a wedding. If your kid is male, a suit (doesn't need a vest, jacket and tie are fine.) If your kid is female, a nice black dress that goes below the knees should be fine. Remember that all the guys are in tux's or dark suits and the ladies are in dresses or gowns so you will get some weird looks if you or your kids show up in something more "casual" than that.

Archived