Isla Margarita excursions?

villalobosp

We took the Highlight bus tour and would recommend against it. You sit in a tour bus as ti drives by the high spots like downtown and the Hilton. There was no trip into the interior (rainforest). The only worthwhile place we saw was the fishing pier, but we never stopped, all pictures had to be taken on the fly. There is another explorer tour, which apparently does stop at a few places. Our driver responded to comments and did take us to one of the explorer stops, where we got out and saw the fort. In our opinion just stay in the immediate shopping area on the pier.

get a hold of Marcella Tinsman @ crusin_n_style98@yahoo.com ...... They only take four people a day and give you the tour of a lifetime.....they are a cute couple from Indiana that have moved to the island about five years ago and they know all of the ends and outs.....book quickly! ,:)

We have been there 3 times and took private tour of the Islands all day long. 20.00 a piece for 4 people--had a great time. You want to go with someone when you go to the real shopping. Our guide even took us to the mall. It is really beautiful--different then America. We even took our guide to lunch. They are right outside the pier. Ask questions like: Want to tour the beaches, mall, downtown all day--flat rate what price pp?:)

I'll be on the 12/28 sailing of the Star Princess to the Southern Caribbean and would appreciate (excursion) advise on Isla Margarita. Thanks

DH and I visited a few years ago and loved it. The people are wonderful, very interested in telling you about their island. We did a wonderful half day tour to El Valle where we visited the Shrine of the Virgin. It also took us to he island's capital Asuncion where we visited the Santa Rosa Fort. We shopped at a little market and tried the local orange rum - delicious. I think Princess call this tour "Discover Isla Margarita".

I turned out to be one of my favorite places in the Caribbean.

I just found this board about a week or two ago and never imagined the wealth of information that I could gather in one easy location. I am very appreciative of all your input. Thanks for the taking the time out of your day to do something great for a stranger.

Paul

We are traveling there in March and have been reading a lot of reviews of Isla Margarita for the past year. According to what we have read, it is best to skip the excursions and play at the beach and go to the market right by the pier. Nearly every one that did this said they had a really good time. And most that took an excursion said when they got back and saw everyone else on the beach and in the market wished they had just skipped the excursion.

We are traveling there in March and have been reading a lot of reviews of Isla Margarita for the past year. According to what we have read, it is best to skip the excursions and play at the beach and go to the market right by the pier. Nearly every one that did this said they had a really good time. And most that took an excursion said when they got back and saw everyone else on the beach and in the market wished they had just skipped the excursion.

Totally agree! When we were there, the port stop was really short so by the time we got back from our excursion, we only had about an hour or 2 to shop and no time to go to the beach or sit at the bar. We both agreed that we liked this port stop and would love to go back. Besides, it was in a port intensive cruise hitting 5 islands in 5 days. BY the time we got to Aruba, our butts were dragging!:D Having some down time in Isla Margarita would have been nice.

ENjoy your cruise!

We did this tour and it was a GREAT time. We had air cond vans not a open air bus.

Sound & Flavors Of Venezuela With Lunch

Combine sightseeing, lively Venezuelan music, swimming and a sampling of typical Venezuelan food on this fun-filled excursion.

Board your colorful, open-air bus for a scenic island drive while listening to the different beats and rhythms of Venezuelan music. Stop at the scenic fishermen’s harbor of Valdez and then at the San Carlos Borromeo Fort for panoramic views of the surrounding area. A shopping stop at La Aldea for Venezuelan souvenirs will also be made prior to your arrival at Playa Caribe. There will be ample time to enjoy the beach or a swim and to sample the delicious Venezuelan foods such as empanadas, arepas, cachapas, tostones and a beverage prior to your return to the ship.

SPECIAL NOTES

Wear a swimsuit and bring a towel and adequate sun protection.

In April we did a tour that went to La Restinga Park. It was pretty interesting to be on small boats and go thorugh the park.

The other part of the tour went to a botanical garden with some animals, but it looks like Princess is not offering that any longer.

We got off the ship as soon as we could and we were one of the last tours back, so there wasn't any time at the beach or market. But the tour stopped at another market.

All in all, we were happy with the tour and the boat ride in the park.

Archived