Zenith questions

tootiesmom

I've been reading on this board and the Celebrity website and I have a few questions I can't seem to find the exact answer to so I'll ask the "Pros".

How does the alternative casual dining work?

What approximate time would you suggest getting to the pier? The brochures always say later than they usually start letting people in. Our plane lands in Miami at 8:00 am and I thought we'd just hang around the airport for awhile before going to the pier.

What transportation would you suggest taking from the Miami airport to the pier?

Will I see people wearing shorts during the evening (not in the dining room of course)?

What would you suggest doing in Key West and Cozumel? 1st timers at both places. The Port of Call board concerning Key West centers alot on the nightlife. Since our ship leaves at 2:00 in the afternoon, that kind of leaves us out of that fun.

Finally, does anyone think that it will be warm enough to go to the beach in Cozumel? The Port of Call board messages seem to lean towards Paradise Beach. Any thoughts???

You'd think I have never been on a cruise :o I have. Just never to these places. We're looking at this as an adventure :D

Thanks,

tootiesmom

I've been reading on this board and the Celebrity website and I have a few questions I can't seem to find the exact answer to so I'll ask the "Pros".

How does the alternative casual dining work?

You make a reservation (I believe it needs to be made before 4pm day of) and then just go there at your reserved time. Alternative casual dining is held in one side of the Windsurf Cafe (the other side is the Sushi Bar)

What approximate time would you suggest getting to the pier? The brochures always say later than they usually start letting people in. Our plane lands in Miami at 8:00 am and I thought we'd just hang around the airport for awhile before going to the pier.

I would say if you got to the pier by about 11am you'll likely get on the ship very shortly there after. Of course this is all dependent on the previous passengers disembarking, but since Customs is done in Key West, it usually is a quick process to get everyone off.

What transportation would you suggest taking from the Miami airport to the pier?

Take a taxi. Fixed rate of $24 from the airport to the pier (plus tip)

Will I see people wearing shorts during the evening (not in the dining room of course)?

Unfortunately, even on Formal night, when the suggested dress is expected through out the ship, you'll find people who won't conform and will wear shorts anyway.

What would you suggest doing in Key West and Cozumel? 1st timers at both places. The Port of Call board concerning Key West centers alot on the nightlife. Since our ship leaves at 2:00 in the afternoon, that kind of leaves us out of that fun.

Key West has great shopping, there are plenty of bars to visit. There is an aquarium, the Pirate Museum, Southernmost Point, Hemmingway's House. Theres a lighthouse, beaches for swimming, a fort. There's LOTS to do in Key West, we just love it there!

Cozumel is wonderful for snorkeling and beach time as well. Lots of shopping on the main drag too.

Finally, does anyone think that it will be warm enough to go to the beach in Cozumel? The Port of Call board messages seem to lean towards Paradise Beach. Any thoughts???

We didn't make it to Paradise Beach last time, but I've heard wonderful things about it, and hope to get there next time we're in Coz.

Enjoy your cruise!

Agree with all the other posts. Have been to Paradise Beach several times and it is great. Even after Wilma, it is still a great place to go. Talked to Paradise Beach Tom while we were there and they have alot of plans to make it even better than before Wilma. The water is clear, the sand is smooth and the beers are cold. They did sustain alot of damage to some of their buildings, so their super clean bathrooms are now located in trailers in the parking lot and they are still pretty clean. Didn't go into town this last trip because we were there from 12-9, and stayed at Paradise until 5:00 (almost sunset) and wanted to get back to the ship.

They only drawback about Cozumel is now you have to tender. But even that went pretty smooth.

Have a great cruise!

Archived