Can someone book a phantom cruise on board for someone else?

theriac

Sorry if this has been covered, I tried to search but couldn't find it.

So I recently had to canceled a cruise I was booked on instead of just transferring it because I had paid for the entire thing months in advance and wanted to use that money for another trip.

I do know someone going on a Celebrity cruise though in a few months and am curious if they could book me a phantom cruise while on board that I would have full control over and allowed to move around the dates if needed.

Thanks

whatever will bewilder me

Sorry if this has been covered, I tried to search but couldn't find it.

So I recently had to canceled a cruise I was booked on instead of just transferring it because I had paid for the entire thing months in advance and wanted to use that money for another trip.

I do know someone going on a Celebrity cruise though in a few months and am curious if they could book me a phantom cruise while on board that I would have full control over and allowed to move around the dates if needed.

Thanks

whatever will bewilder me

No. A passenger can book a future cruise for a person not on the ship only for a sailing for which they are themselves booked. They could purchase a Future Cruise Certificate and transfer it to you. However, the Future Cruise Certificates have become less valuable as a means to book future cruises in my opinion.

The one thing that MIGHT work would be to have someone book you on a cruise they were sailing, then once the booking was done, you could POSSIBLY transfer it to another sailing.

Harris

Denver, CO