Just off Liberty of the Seas 8/13 sailing

Skippy

We had a great cruise on LOTS this past week. We departed from Galveston and went to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica.

Embarkation: We drove and parked at Galveston Park-N-Cruise. We arrived at 10:30, breezed through security, went upstairs to check-in and didn't wait at all. Then we were given a boarding group number. I had thought we'd be sitting around awhile like we did in Miami, but we were on the ship by 11:30. We went to the Windjammer for lunch which was really good. I liked the variety offered and it was nice to try different things.

At 1pm the rooms were opened and our luggage was already there!! I was shocked because on our previous cruise, the luggage didn't arrive till after dinner time. We spent the afternoon at the pool.

MDR Dinners: We loved our wait staff. Super friendly and they gave us extras for the table to try. The surf and turf on the 2nd formal night was really good. I enjoyed all the dinners and had at least 2-3 appetizers plus my main entree. The kids ate off the kids and adult menus. They can be picky and it was hard to get them to try new things.

Shows: Absolutely loved the In the Air show and the Ice Skating show. Those were great performances. We did have to get to those shows 45 mins early to get good seats. You can pass the time by bringing a book to read. The Saturday Night Fever show was just okay. I'm not familiar with the story line and since this show was probably a condensed version the storyline didn't make sense. The singing/acting and sets were pretty good.

We were able to go ice-skating which the kids really liked. I also rock-climbed and we did the tidal wave and water slides. We spent a good chunk of the sea days at the pool. DD spent some time in the kids club which she liked. My son didn't really care for the kids club but I think it was because he was on the older end for the explorers group (6-8). Both made some friends which was good.

Debarkation: This was faster than I expected. They were running ahead of schedule. We got up early, had breakfast in the Windjammer, then finished packing up the room and hung out till about 8:45 (we had to be out of the rooms by 9), then we made our way to the lounge for our group which was then called a few mins later. We spent a few mins getting the luggage (it was all organized by group tags), the customs line moved pretty quick and we didn't need to fill out the customs paper, and we were back in the car by 9:30. We had a much different experience in Miami where we had to wait for our luggage on a baggage carousel and then there was a huge customs line.

In summary, I would sail out of Galveston again, but we still really want to try the Oasis class ships.

Sounds like a great cruise. We are counting down the days until we are back on LOS. 41 days!!! I am thinking the Oasis class ships are in the future for us too. We have already did the route you just completed last year and doing the other itinerary in October. Galveston is so close that I love it but thinking next year we will have to go to FL to get a different itinerary so I figure why not try an Oasis class

Sent from my iPad using Forums