Recent Star Passengers...help

Mlascheid

When did you find out that you were going to have an itinerary change? Did it show on your cruise personalizer? Or not until getting on the ship? We sail Dec. 11 and don't see any changes noted yet...just wondering if we'll have a change as well.

Mlascheid, I'm on the same sailing as you and going a little crazy wondering about changes. It seems every other sailing recently has been changed and reading the other December roll calls, they've all received advance notification of their itinerary changes, but every day I log into the cruise personalizer and ours remains unchanged. I'm trying to stay calm and really, it doesn't matter where we go as long as it is warmer than it is here and someone else is doing the cooking!

it doesn't matter where we go as long as it is warmer than it is here and someone else is doing the cooking!

Guaranteed -- it will be warmer and you won't have to cook. We had a change on the Star last April, and it was due to limited docking space in Ocho Rios...we anchored in Montego Bay, and we were notified of the change shortly before we sailed. Since I don't like either place, it didn't matter to me. I think what's happening now is that repairs after Wilma have not been completed by the dates on ship's schedules. I live in South East Florida, and I am surprised at how much still needs to be fixed. The cruise lines do their best to be sure passengers will have a safe port.

I am on the 1/8/06 sailing of the Star and our itinerary has already been changed to Montego Bay and the intinerary reversed. The only reason we found out was through a fellow passenger on our roll call. That was about two weeks ago. It does show on the personalizer as being changed, but to date we have not been notified by our TA or Princess of the change. Thank goodness for this board. All of my excursion would have been messed up. I needed to change everything around which was a real pain, but if I had to do that on the ship I can't imagine what we would have done. Good luck!

Lisa1....

I'm with you, as long as I don't have to cook and it's not 30 degrees and snowing I'll be very happy. Just being on a ship sailing the caribbean is enough for me!!! Exactly 7 days from now we'll be eating dinner and someone else will be doing the cooking! :)

Lisa1....

I'm with you, as long as I don't have to cook and it's not 30 degrees and snowing I'll be very happy. Just being on a ship sailing the caribbean is enough for me!!! But I'm just curious where we'll be going and in what order. Don't have any pre-arranged tours, so that's not an issue. Exactly 7 days from now we'll be eating dinner and someone else will be doing the cooking! :)

Lisa1....

I'm with you, as long as I don't have to cook and it's not 30 degrees and snowing I'll be very happy. Just being on a ship sailing the caribbean is enough for me!!! But I'm just curious where we'll be going and in what order. Don't have any pre-arranged tours, so that's not an issue. Exactly 7 days from now we'll be eating dinner and someone else will be doing the cooking! :)

VERY sorry about the TRIPLE post... don't know what happened. I don't think I hit the button 3 times. Anyways my apologies!

Archived