Walmart or similar store and miniature golf

goingtocruise

First, we want to play miniature golf again. We had a blast last time. Is it open again? Second, is there a department store like Walmart or Kmart in or around Cozumel. We need to purchase some well known games like Monopoly, Outburst, etc that are in the Spanish. We would like to present our high school Spanish class with these. Also have a request from the teacher for "Soga de Pascuas". How far and how much is a taxi ride to this store and about how much would a game cost? So many questions, but we arrive very soon. Thank you.

Minigolf is open, and the walmart size store is called Chedraui, it's on the main strip just outside the main downtown area, you could walk there from town, a cab should not charge more than 5 bucks from downtown, it's probably about 10 blocks. Can't help you on prices or the Soga de Pascua.

If you have time there is a small Mexican game and puzzle shop on 30th Avenue too. It is on the left hand side as you travel north, I think it is between Calle 6 and 8 - certainly near there. If my memory serves me right it is called "Mira que encontre!" (Look what I found!) or something similar.

Ian

Thanks for the information. I want to return home with something different on this trip. Of course I will still buy the usual souveniers. We didn't think we would be able to run around Cozumel this time since we had Sea Lion Swim reservations. Those were cancelled (ow well, next time), so we will have time to do these other things. Can't wait.

Hmmm...the prices on the ship will probably be cheaper for most stuff, but if you want tequila you can find a huge selection at Cinco Soles!
What Tom neglected to mention is that there is also tequila tasting at Cinco Soles. Maybe they think if they get you oiled up, you'll buy more, but whatever the reason, it is good to be able to taste before you buy as there are lots of choices.

Archived