Wheelchairs or transport chairs?

uneamie

Scootaround is not authorized to place their equipment on NCL ships. If you rent from them, you'll have to pick up your scooter before boarding & return it to them after your cruise. With Special Needs at Sea, the unit is in your cabin when you arrive & you leave it there when you disembark.

This is NOT what they told me and I talked to them at length. I will be picking up a scooter at my pre-cruise hotel, transporting it myself to the ship, but leaving it in the cabin.

I guess if anyone is interested, they can call both companies to verify prices and delivery/pickup details.

My mom fought me on buying her a rollator; now she loves it. I anticipate gate checking it at the airport and for me to wheel it onto the Escape as she will need wheelchair assistance. The rollator is easy to fold when in the cabin and although you may see people pushing folks occasionally- they are meant for a sitting break not for transport. So if you need to be pushed, it is not the right option. If it is a good option for you, I agree, Walmart has great pricing and shipping was free and it was very easy to put together.

Whatever you decide to purchase or rent, I hope you all have a wonderful cruise.