Harrison's Caves

Nantucketer

In February my family of 4 will be in Barbados and would like to visit the caves. Has anyone does this on their own recently? How much is a cab from the pier or did you take the bus? The bus sounds like a real adventure but does anyone know if it is safe and how far from the caves does the bus stop? Thanks for any insight you can help with.

I want to know about this too! I hope someone answers. We'd like to maybe do some snorkeling too while there but would give that up if we could only do one thing. I saw this link but couldn't get a sense of distance from the information they had here:

http://harrisonscave.com/index.cfm?page=3

check out their website... maybe you could figure it out from the info they give... I couldn't!

Hi,

Cannot answer all your questions but here is what I do know.

We were at the caves last week. Perfectly safe and pleasant. The journey through the caves was on a tram so this trip is suitable for all. The trip into the caves probably lasted about an hour. Beautifull massive caves but it was just that, a beautifull cave ( caves not really my thing)

We made our own way there in a taxi . 4 of us hired a taxi for the day at a total cost of 120 us$ ( 70 quid to the brits) so 30 dollars each got us an island tour with various stops etc.

Not sure of the exact entrance fee to the caves but i remember that it was very reasonable.

Mark

We too were at Harrisons' Cave last week.

the entrance fee for 2 adults and 2 children was USD$46.

You see a short film explaining how Barbados evolved and about the caves discovery, then jump into an open tram for the tour. You WILL get wet! The caves continually drip. The tour is interesting and awesome when you consider nature did this and how it was discovered. My kids are 9 and 10 and loved it. They also loved the way there were several chickens and roosters running around outside!

The restrooms were spotless and they even had rum smelling soap!

The staff were all very pleasant and friendly too.

We hired a car and found it very easy to get to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Consider taking Glory Tours (at glorytours.org) "Best of Barbados" tour. It includes Harrison Cave, Bathsheba, home-cooked grilled tuna lunch, Wildlife Reserve, Glass-bottom boat and swimming/snorkeling with the turtles and fish, REALLY !! A great 6-7 hour tour. Well worth the reasonable cost. Our best shore excursion ever.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks all for your input. Now I just have to wait and see if it will still be open on March 2. It appears that they are still talking out closing for renovations.

I just got an e-mail from Harrison's Caves - I sent a question last July:eek: - anyway they said they would be open for my cruise, which puts us in Barbados on March 18th. So they should be open for your cruise.

Archived