Promenade Stateroom ?

For our upcoming Christmas cruise on Navigator, we are in 7309...which would be two decks above Guest Services...so, in the above photo, the cabin above the second one from the right...

I am assuming it looks out across toward the "R Bar" which is across that bridge/stairway/walkway area from Guest Services. We're not really all that concerned about watching shows from our window...We'd be more likely out and about the ship. I'm guessing that massive tree is at the other end of the promenade, right? I do like the convenience of being near the mid-ship elevators.

I remember back when they introduced the Voyager class, seeing those PR cabins for the first time, my initial thought was "They really missed their mark--They should have just added a small balcony to each one rather than the window and they could have extracted a much larger price for them". Sure enough, when they got to the larger ships, they did just that...and those interior balconies got them much more revenue. Now I'm wondering if, at some point, when they take these in for rehab, if they don't pop out some of the windows and add small balconies so they can jack up the price...

In any event, the first time I ever booked one wasn't for me...it was for my older daughter who was doing a cruise with her college roommate on the Freedom of the Seas. They were about to settle for a standard inside when they asked me to help them...I took a look and, on that cruise, the jump from inside to PR was a mere $15 per person. I told them that I would cover the $15. They loved the cabin. Then we took both our daughters on the Mariner and booked ourselves a balcony--and grabbed the PR across the hall for them. We figured they'd spend a lot of time in our cabin and on our balcony...but they actually spent more time in their PR cabin looking out that window.

So, having already done three cruises this year including back-to backs in an oversized balcony on the Jewel in the Mediterranean plus a combined extra two weeks on pre- and post cruise stays...and also absorbing an added $20,000 of home improvement costs in our budget this month, we decided to economize on this cruise. The difference in price between our usual balcony cabin and the PR came out to about $1,400. For that price, we'll learn to use the cabin mostly for sleeping and changing clothes...and we will use the rest of the ship as our living space. The difference in price form a standard inside to the PR was a minimal few dollars...

One seldom discussed advantage of PR cabin over the regular inside cabin is that if you meet someone obnoxious (like yours truly) at your meet and mingle party early in the week, for the rest of the cruise, if you see him walking along the RP down below, you can take off your pants and moon that person from above in your RP cabin. Can't do that with an inside view cabin. ;p

Yes, the tree is at the front end of the RP near . I have seen pictures of some ships where they placed the tree in the middle of RP as not to block a specific set of cabins’views but the drawback with that setup would be it blocks traffic in the middle. I would personally avoid all the 6/7/8255 or 57 series of cabins during the holiday period just in case they plant a 25 foot tree in front of your window.

Here is the tree from a different perspective:

31291933074_c4fe3c0a6d_b.jpg

I think there may be a space limitation on converting the PR into balconies. On the Oasis class ships, the inside facing balconies work because 1) the ship is much wider so you are not as close to your neighbor across the way 2) the top is open so you have open space above. Adding balconies inside the Voyager or Freedom class ships might make things too crowded. They wouldl literally be next to the people on the bridges during shows and presentations.

32170607745_453ab2b7f7_b.jpg