Help I cant decide Voyager or Legend

I have been on the VOS twice and am leaving in 10 days for our cruise on the LOS. I have not sailed her yet LOS but from what I hear, I think we are going to have a fabulous time.

I guess my first question would be. do you have kids traveling with you? If the answer is yes and if my kids were here answering this question, they would definately tell you to go the VOS route!! Only bc I know what fun my kids (5, 16, 11 at the time) had aboard and they never wanted to get off! Between the kids pool and slide, ice skating, rock climbing (I think all RCCL ships have this now), putt-putt, in-line skating, Jhonny Rocket's and the kids club, the VOS is your best bet. I think the VOS is a little more expensive than the LOS too though I paid alot more for the LOS bc of the time of year we choose to cruise.

I am bringing my kids 18, 13, and 8 now, with us on the LOS and I am sure the will just love bc like their Mom, they just enjoy cruising but I think had I gave them a choice, they would definately have gone the Voyager route for sure!!!

Also, which port is closer to you? Miami and VOS is a 5 hr. drive for us from our home but Tampa is 45 minutes away! I looked at the VOS for our upcoming trip but didn't want to do the 5 hr. trip home on Christmas Eve with the kids, I just didn't think it fare. And besides the cheapest cabin on the VOS that week was like $1,100!!??

Cruizinrican:)

I tend to agree with the above response. I am sailing Voyager in a month and I had so much fun the first time, we are going again.. We are not taking our kids this time either....

Only downside is that along with the MEGA ship things to do, the food quality suffers a little bit... not too much, but food in my opinion is better on the smaller ships.

Trust me though I have not missed a meal in any ship...

We have been cruising for several years and enjoy cruising Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Carnival. I have to tell you that we sailed Legend of the Seas from Hawaii to Ensenada, Mexico in March and had alot of problems on this ship. We ended up eating in the buffet after 3 nights of bad service in the dining room. The meat was so salty we couldn't eat it. Lots of passengers said the same thing. We saw buckets for dripping water near the elevator on our floor. The Legend of the Seas is an older ship and just can't compare to Voyager.

I would suggest you try Voyager because it is a much larger ship with so many more things to offer. With Legend, there was only a dining room and buffet to choose from. I prefer ships with alternative restaurants in addition to the main dining room. It just give you more dining choices and variety. Voyager has a Promenade and ice skating rink with a fantastic show. I think you will be much happier on this ship. Just my opinion.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

We have been cruising for several years and enjoy cruising Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Carnival. I have to tell you that we sailed Legend of the Seas from Hawaii to Ensenada, Mexico in March and had alot of problems on this ship. We ended up eating in the buffet after 3 nights of bad service in the dining room. The meat was so salty we couldn't eat it. Lots of passengers said the same thing. We saw buckets for dripping water near the elevator on our floor. The Legend of the Seas is an older ship and just can't compare to Voyager.

I would suggest you try Voyager because it is a much larger ship with so many more things to offer. With Legend, there was only a dining room and buffet to choose from. I prefer ships with alternative restaurants in addition to the main dining room. It just give you more dining choices and variety. Voyager has a Promenade and ice skating rink with a fantastic show. I think you will be much happier on this ship. Just my opinion.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

I would totally disagree with what you say...although I know every cruise differs.. and there can be problems..but on Mega ships as well. You appeared to have had some shortfalls on your cruise. However, we had a fabulous cruise this summer for 14 days to the Med on the Legend of the Seas. She was a beautiful, very elegant ship.. with a wonderful crew and fantastic atmosphere. There was No problem with Salty food...everything was very good quality and well presented. The ship was spotless and in excellent condition having been extensively remodeled in Lisbon this past April. The Windjammer given a completely new design and The 7 tier Atrium was gorgeous.

Don't take my word for it...read the recent reviews on this board from Setting Sail.. under the heading "Returned from LOS 11/26-12/3" it should be on page 3 or 4 of this board and Imartarb.. who has just returned from this ship yesterday. Her review was headed." Live from Onboard the Legend."..both raved about their cruise and the ship.

Ten years for a cruise ship is nothing. Being bigger in size.. also means more people..more queues.. and a lot of activities also means more space needed for them. Often making the ships much more enclosed and darker.Less of a feel of a ship and being at sea.

Hi Carol!!

We just returned from the Legend and let me just say, WE WILL BE SAILING HER AGAIN AND AGAIN!! It was absolutely wonderful. The size of the ship, layout, etc, was perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her at all.

I am in the process of a full review, but if you have any particular questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We loved it....the pros so far outweighed the cons, we couldn't even think of any real cons! :D

Hi Carol!!

We just returned from the Legend and let me just say, WE WILL BE SAILING HER AGAIN AND AGAIN!! It was absolutely wonderful. The size of the ship, layout, etc, was perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her at all.

I am in the process of a full review, but if you have any particular questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We loved it....the pros so far outweighed the cons, we couldn't even think of any real cons! :D

Hi Imatarb... I Have been keeping up with your onboard report and really enjoyed it. Also just read part 1 of your review on the Legend. I am so happy that you have had such a wonderful cruise..and very glad that you and Setting Sail both found the ship to be as lovely as we did. It is really a worry when you tell someone else how good something is . You can never be sure if it's the right thing to do in case they see it all differently. Thankfully, we all shared the same opinion...The Legend is Great!

Your reviews will be a big help to other posters considering sailing on the Legend...New information and all positive. They are sick, I am sure, of hearing my one-sided reports these past 4 months. the Legend takes a lot of hammering from Mega Ship lovers who often tell posters not to consider sailing on her as she is old and small. But They overlook her charm and elegance..her beautiful decor with all the acres of glass offering such fantastic sea views and making all the ship so light and bright..plus the friendliness and personal attention of the crew. The Legend has a wonderful atmosphere. The more people that make that fact known...the better. Best Wishes, Carol

Archived