Legend VS Voyager??

We are just back from our 11/26 Voyager cruise and we had a great time! Loved the ship there is always something to do or see on this ship, We had a week and it was still not enough time to see everthing. The service was great everywhere we went. It was cute when the waiters with drinks would walk around and say "Its Sippen time" "Lovey Dovey" LOL. Also the ice show was great. We can't wait to go back on Voyager. Good luck with your choice;)

I'm going to bump this in hopes that Cruiser_Carol sees it...she did a 14-day cruise on the Legend from Southhampton...might give you some insight there.

We just returned from a Western Carib cruise on her yesterday, and it's a beautiful ship, the Legend. Loved her, and I can't wait to sail her again and again.

I agree with the Voyager Class. I have been on the Legend and 4 of the Voyager class ships. You will have many sea days, and the voyager will give you several options for activities due to the size and the features that the Legend Can Not.

I was on a 14 day Legend cruise last year, and it was fun, but I would have absolutely LOVED for it to be on a voyager class ship. The service seems better, more activities, better food on the Voyager Class I think!

Tough call. Was on the Maiden voyage of the Legend from Miami thru the Panama Canal up to LA. Beautfiul ship and was around 11-12 day cruise. Of course at that time, the biggest and newest for RCCL. GREAT cruise...

For a transatlantic cruise, hmmmm, think I would probably go with the Voyager class ship because more to do where there being no ports on the crossing. Personal preference, I guess.

Have fun.

Dave

Just my two cents worth regarding our 14 days on the Legend of the Seas. As has already been said, the Legend is a beautiful ship..offering a very elegant and intimate atmosphere..with warm and friendly service and a real chance to be known on a personal basis and not just as a number. The best feature for me..was the amazing exspanse of glass she has... affording fantastic views of the sea at every turn and allowing tremendous light thru. The ship is always bright and spacious and there are wonderful sunsets to enjoy thru these windows.as well as the fantastic ports of call. In 14 days I was never bored..in fact didn't get to enjoy every part of the ship that I wanted... or all the entertainment. We were port intensive in the Med. On transatlantic, with less ports, it is a matter of personal choice.

I love to CRUISE..the ship and sea.. are my priorities. I can eat in Speciality restaurants..shop in malls..etc at home. These features normally cost extra on your cruise fare, as does the mega size. So for me... with the Legend being cheaper... as well as a beautiful ship with wonderful views... Legend wins without a doubt. However, if you prefer constant activities and lots of places to eat.. get bored with sea time..or have kids that need constant entertaining...Then the Voyager class is probably better. After all... There aren't any Bad RCL ships...They are all beautiful and all offer a great vacation experience. Regards, Carol

• 4 weeks later...

I have sailed Legend, and Voyager's sister ship, Navigator, and am in fact booked on the Voyager crossing this May. I, too, was a little torn, but was swayed by the fact that a) I just sailed Legend in December, and b) since the crossing is not port-intensive I would want more to do "on ship." Personally, I think the smaller ships give you a much better sense of being "at sea" and you get an opportunity to really get to know your crewmembers (and they take very good care of you), but there is no denying that there is more to do on the big ships. My only complaint with Voyager-class ships is that you have to work pretty hard to see the ocean - they're very inward-looking. That said, I'm excited to have nearly two weeks to play on one of them this spring!

Archived