Anyone Tried Discover Scuba Diving with GC Cruise Shore Excursions

fredwooch

My son and I were looking for an operator that provided an introductory scuba diving class and a dive trip to Stingray City, and another poster suggested Grand Cayman Cruise Shore Excursions' Stingray City Discover Scuba Diving program.

Has anyone taken that excursion or had any experience with the operator, Grand Cayman Cruise Shore Excursions? They seem to run a lot of very different excursions, and I was wondering whether they operate the trip themselves or contract it out to some other company.

I checked Eden Rock, they do list a price, only $55! Since I've already seen the rays, I will probably book it. We were going to do the scuba in Coz, my DH did it there last year, but after the hurricane, I'm sure it will be much better at one of the other ports. I'm going to hang out at Paradise Beach in Coz most of the day, anyway.

Sally, I think that price is for a guide shore dive for a certified diver, not discover scuba. I'd shoot them an email just to be sure.

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com does offer a discover scuba with the stingrays, for $110. It would be an unique experience, but as you say you have already done Stingray City, you are probably making a sound choice with one of the other discover scuba providers. I also agree with your assessment of the shallow dive site conditions in Cozumel. GCM would be a better place for discover scuba.

My Grand Cayman Underwater photo gallery

Archived