Yhonny AWESOME, with small kids too

DKS

Just wanted to say that we went cave tubing with Yhonny, myself my husband and 3 kids ages 3, 7 and 10 and we had an amazing time!

My 3 year old was in my husbands lap and loved it. He had us form a chain and it was just Yhonny and our family. Another group of 6 was with us and they went with another guide. Yhonny says he likes to keep no more than 7 customers with one guide.

I cannot say enough about how great Yhonny is. He helped us with the tubes. My husband put the 3 year old on his shoulders for the hike and Yhonny's assistant carried his tube for him.

Yhonny was in and out of the water and his tube, helping us nagivate the river. He seems to know evry inch, every rock, every little detail. He learned to swim in the river and has been going there since he was like 4!

I also cannot say enough about how wonderful Yhonny is to his customers. He really takes an interest and goes above and beyond to make sure you are having a good time. He took us on a quick city tour while we were waiting for the other group to arrive so we would not waste time just waiting! I felt like we were leaving a friend when we left.

On the way home a tire blew out. (Must be common to have this happen due o all the rocks and conditions of the road) They changed it immed, but it had damaged the air hose and water hose, so we did not get far. Yhonny called and got another bus to come get us. I was amazed when another tour guide operater stopped and helped us as well. We made it back with time to spare. He said he has 2 back up vans/busses just in case!

Just wanted to let you all know our review, especially those with children.

Thank you, thank you, thank you...for this review. We have booked with Yhony too. It is the first time we have booked an independent excursion so I'm pretty nervous about making it to the ship on time. Our ship gets in @ 7 and Yhony told us to meet him at 9 (we should be off the ship by 8/8:30 he says). How fast did you get off the ship?

1: Yoni had asked us to get off the boat by 8:30. I think because the way they did the tenders we did not get off the boat until 9:00 ish. He was waiting for us. The other group took much longer.

2. Yhoni chars 45 per/person and can be reached at cave-tubing.com.

I had heard that cavetubing for little ones was not a good idea because of the hike in and the currents of the water. Our daughter will be 4-1/2 when we cruise and were planning on leaving her on the cruise ship. What do you think of taking her versus leaving her on the ship? I am not crazy about leaving her, but I don't want to jeapadize her safety or not have a better time without her there. It will be myself, my husband and our 15 year old, and the 4 year old if she goes.

Thanks!

I too was a little nervous about taking m 3 yr. old, but I was more nervous about leaving him on the boat. This was our first cruise and I was worried that IF something happened and we missed the boat what would happen to my baby on that big boat by himself?

The walk is long, not physicall challenging really, just hot and long. My husband eneded up carrying the 3 yr. old on his shoulders mostly because the 3 year old walks so much slower than us! One of the guides carried my husbands tube.

We opted to only do one cave, the next cave up would have meant about another 15 minute walk, but was also a very short cave. My other 2 kids were getting tired of walking and really wanted to get into the water. ( thats what is nice about a private tour, it can be as flexible as you need it to be!)

My 3 year old sat on my husbands lap in the tube. He had his own headlamp and I have to say HE LOVED IT! He followed all of Yhony's directions, light on, light off, bums up, paddle ect. and he kept his feet on my shoulders. Being o my husbands lap of course he had no need to do any of it, but he likes to be just like his brother and sister.

We did bring our own life jacket for him and I had room service bring sandwiches, box cereal and cookies that I packed for snacks. Also, all 3 kids had camel back that we filled with water and took on all our excursions.

I would do it again in a heart beat.

Archived