Ultimate Dining Ala Carte credit change

robsmom

Taking a screenshot or saving the page as a pdf seems to be the best bet for me in the future as well.

That surely is. I don't know how difficult it can be to add the conditions as well to the Cruise Planner confirmation they send to email anyway after purchase. Would be most easiest thing for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Related to this send a question to RCCL Norway office and they responded that RCCL will follow the credit which was applied when package was booked. So I will get 50 dollars credit in ala carte restaurants. Will print the response with me to the cruise just in case. :)

Wow. This is a major bummer. We booked the Ultimate Dining package for our cruise in December specifically for the $50 credit for a la carte as we are also big sushi eaters and we can easily get through that amount of credit with a starter, soup, and a couple of sushi rolls (the rolls can be VERY expensive). (On the old $30 a la carte budget we always ended up paying extra because we always went over it!)

We were really surprised when our normal dining package in July was granted the $50 credit for a la carte in Izumi. We were thrilled, frankly, and between three of us didn't come close to maxing out but my father wasn't big on the sushi.

Really gutted that I'll likely have to argue up to the $50 credit (or else send some emails now, pre-cruise, to verify information which I know to be true) because I didn't think to make a dozen copies of the 'terms and conditions' for a product I assumed would remain constant for at least 6 months!!! This is really aggravating.

Wow. This is a major bummer. We booked the Ultimate Dining package for our cruise in December specifically for the $50 credit for a la carte as we are also big sushi eaters and we can easily get through that amount of credit with a starter, soup, and a couple of sushi rolls (the rolls can be VERY expensive). (On the old $30 a la carte budget we always ended up paying extra because we always went over it!)

We were really surprised when our normal dining package in July was granted the $50 credit for a la carte in Izumi. We were thrilled, frankly, and between three of us didn't come close to maxing out but my father wasn't big on the sushi.

Really gutted that I'll likely have to argue up to the $50 credit (or else send some emails now, pre-cruise, to verify information which I know to be true) because I didn't think to make a dozen copies of the 'terms and conditions' for a product I assumed would remain constant for at least 6 months!!! This is really aggravating.

I completely agree. Why call something Ultimate but limit where it can be used. If you have an Ala Carte credit of $50.00 why not just say it’s a credit for Izumi only and not call it an Ultimate Dining Package. Once you are onboard, you can’t go back to the details on the cruise planner.

I know I’m complaining but I’m still going to get it on my next cruise on Oasis in Oct ‘18 if it’s offered. I could eat at Chops and Park 150 every day while wishing so badly that we had something half this good back home.

I completely agree. Why call something Ultimate but limit where it can be used. If you have an Ala Carte credit of $50.00 why not just say it’s a credit for Izumi only and not call it an Ultimate Dining Package. Once you are onboard, you can’t go back to the details on the cruise planner.

I know I’m complaining but I’m still going to get it on my next cruise on Oasis in Oct ‘18 if it’s offered. I could eat at Chops and Park 150 every day while wishing so badly that we had something half this good back home.

We'll see how much we enjoy it on this cruise (regardless of the a la carte credit amount) and decide if we want it for our 14-night TA in May next year. It's definitely a good savings when you think about the value of eating at Chops every day -- but it's whether or not 6 sea days (ie. 6 lunches) + 12 dinners at specific, set-menu restaurants is going to make us love it or hate it (that's what our upcoming cruise is offering at least). I can see us getting a LOT of steaks at first before we taper off and try something else!