Does this match?

danyelle

Goldish/Bronzeish strappy heels

a gold clutch purse

and:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=173827&CategoryID=20017&LinkType=EverGreen

or

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=175815&CategoryID=20017&LinkType=EverGreen

and are they formal night worthy in ur opinion?

Thx

Dani

I like them both and if you want to go with the gold clutch and goldish shoes then the first one will definitely match more. No, it's not technically formal, but with a pretty shawl or something it might be really nice looking.

I do think the green one is positively stunning... and with silver shoes it would be fabulous.

thanks...i think i'm probably going to end up with my same boring black evening dress, black clutch and black shoes

The teal dress is fab!

While black is classic, you can find some inexpensive silver shoes and a silver clutch and you'll have a great new outfit.

~e

I could see my daughter or her friends wearing that on a formal night. Early/mid 20's. The first one that is.

I could also picture some of their taller friends in the green.

Not everyone wears a long beaded dress for formal nights. I wore beaded jackets/long gowns about 7-10 years ago. Less beading for a couple of years. The last few years, little black cocktail dresses (short), dressy pants (silk/taffeta) Silk tops, dressy some with beading. My formal wear depends on the ship.

You will look fabulous no matter what you choose:D

That turquoise dress is gorgeous and would look fine with gold shoes and bag.........................the site calls the color Turquoise, although it looks sort of like teal in the picture. Just hold up some gold earrings or something gold to that picture or something turquoise and see how it looks. I have some gold and turquoise jewelry and it is beautiful. Also, the first dress looks like fun, too, and gold would be fine with that. It is not a real formal dress, but I see many dresses in a similar vein on cruises..............especially on the under thirty set. :)

Thanks...oh no...i'm going to have to shop for silver shoes/clutch. How will I get through it? ::wink::

Another question, would an asian dress be appropriate for formal night? A long ankle length cheongsam with the mandarin collar?

I also think that second dress is awesome!!! But the first thing I thought was silver shoes and bag and accessories. I'd be paranoid about the "tone" of gold that would go with this color.

I think a nice ankle length Asian dress would be nice too. I just got off the Tahitian Princess and remembered seeing a few ladies wearing Asian type dresses (long length) on the second formal night.

Another question, would an asian dress be appropriate for formal night? A long ankle length cheongsam with the mandarin collar?

I think the asian dress would be gorgeous. I love it when people wear something other than the traditional cocktail and evening dresses.

I don't think dress 1 is formal at all.

Dress 2 is formal as in a cocktail dress, but not formal enough for a ball for example. My first instinct would be to wear silver shoes and accessories not the gold/bronze with this dress, same as everyone else! :)

Have fun shopping!

Archived