RCI Booking thought USA site

So just wondering if there are any cruisers here who have booked via the US Royal Caribbean website it is offering quite significant savings over my current bookings and the Australian site for my 2 asia cruises April around the $3.5K in total so very significant. I know I could probably go through a US travel agent but was wondering if anyone has actually booked on the USA site and if they had any problems

Thanks

If you are booking without a USA agent you will be bounced back to the RCI au site for final payment unless you use a vpn and even then the Philippine call center/booking center will suss you as an au customer.

My experience some years ago when I did not know the difference between RCI US and RCI au (RCI au was new) was I booked on RCI.com (usa) and RCI.com.au charged me $800au more than my original booking price!

This was when the aussie dollar was parity with the us dollar.

You need either an agent in US or a US address to book with RCI US perks I think?

Earlier this year I did somewhat the reverse.

From Canada I booked on RCCL.AU in Australian dollars as the cruise I wanted was priced 30% less than I could have have booked on RCCL.US in either US or Canadian dollars. I had first set-up my profile on the US website to get the Crown and Anchor number with all factual details of Canadian address.. From there I booked on the Aus website and paid in Australian dollars. t once called RCCL-US about the booking, they recognized it was an Aus. booking as there was an additional digit in the booking number. They could not access the reservation, only the folks in Aus. could do it. Cruise departed, I had no issues with the whole process through RCCL-AU.

Book where you get the best bang for the buck.

Its fine if the op has a US or Canadian postal address to use but if not their ip address will just take them back to the au site at some point.The reason given to me by RCI was because of Australian strict consumer protection laws which made some cruises more expensive.

This is why I have been cruising with Carnival USA,they have no restrictions,I can book and pay for any cruise from Australia with same conditions as US citizens,only thing I cant get is State specific discount without a US postal address.