Playa Mia or Isla Passion???

sarahsema

Need some help...

We're a multigenerational family traveling over New Years and are thinking our itinerary is about to get rerouted from eastern to western.

We're looking for a nice beach day, NOT a party, but still good options for food (some of our party has hefty food restrictions), drinks for the adults, and water activities like paddleboarding for the kids (ages 6-12).

I've seen Playa Mia is good for kids, but is it busy?

Aimed at younger kids?

Isla Passion looks more rugged, which we don't mind, but how are the facilities?

We went years ago to paradise beach and loved it but don't want something that busy with this group, especially in light of how many ships are likely changing course soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Need some help...

We're a multigenerational family traveling over New Years and are thinking our itinerary is about to get rerouted from eastern to western.

We're looking for a nice beach day, NOT a party, but still good options for food (some of our party has hefty food restrictions), drinks for the adults, and water activities like paddleboarding for the kids (ages 6-12).

I've seen Playa Mia is good for kids, but is it busy?

Aimed at younger kids?

Isla Passion looks more rugged, which we don't mind, but how are the facilities?

We went years ago to paradise beach and loved it but don't want something that busy with this group, especially in light of how many ships are likely changing course soon.

We have done both of these in the last 5 years. Playa Mia is great for kids, but can be very crowed. It has an inflatable waterpark that is fun to climb around on and a good snorkel course. It also has a nice pool and a good buffet.

Isla Passion is hard to get to if your ship doesn't offer tours there. When it is offered it is either the Twister Jet Boat tour or a Catamaran sailing tour. I have seen it available on other excursion booking sites, but it is land transport only that takes 30 minutes each way followed by a short flat-boat ride to the island. The beach is a lot less crowed, they have some inflatables for kids to play on and a good buffet. I was there last January and the service was outstanding, but the chairs and tables where really looking worn out. We've gone there twice and both times were by Twister Jet Boat. That was a lot of fun and gets you there really fast, but it does have age restrictions.

Both are good all-inclusive day trips. Isla Passion is a very relaxing place however, if you're going with multiple age groups, Playa Mia may be the best choice.

We have done both of these in the last 5 years. Playa Mia is great for kids, but can be very crowed. It has an inflatable waterpark that is fun to climb around on and a good snorkel course. It also has a nice pool and a good buffet.

Isla Passion is hard to get to if your ship doesn't offer tours there. When it is offered it is either the Twister Jet Boat tour or a Catamaran sailing tour. I have seen it available on other excursion booking sites, but it is land transport only that takes 30 minutes each way followed by a short flat-boat ride to the island. The beach is a lot less crowed, they have some inflatables for kids to play on and a good buffet. I was there last January and the service was outstanding, but the chairs and tables where really looking worn out. We've gone there twice and both times were by Twister Jet Boat. That was a lot of fun and gets you there really fast, but it does have age restrictions.

Both are good all-inclusive day trips. Isla Passion is a very relaxing place however, if you're going with multiple age groups, Playa Mia may be the best choice.

Thank you!! I'm leaning toward IP... do they have a menu to order food as well? My kids have food restrictions and can't do the cross contamination at a buffet.

Thank you!! I'm leaning toward IP... do they have a menu to order food as well? My kids have food restrictions and can't do the cross contamination at a buffet.

I have never seen a menu there. I’ve only seen the buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

we went to isla passion by power cat.the water was murky by the beach .wave action I guess.not a lot of choices for food.we're going to nachi coccum in jan.2018.the water has been clear and food choices are better because they a restaurant.there.$59 for a.I. plus taxi of $16-20 per taxi or van,always haggle.it might be cheap getting there but for some reason the price goes up coming back.have a great cruise