My experience with the upsell desk

RamblingMan27

I have been using this message board for information as I have been planning my next cruise. We will sail out on Sunday aboard the Norwegian Sun and this will be my first experience with Norwegian and the port of Houston. Like anyone else who checks in on this board regularly, you routinely see messages regarding upsells and upgrades. I have even read many posts that give me the idea that this is one of Norwegian's strong suits, that you have a fair shot at getting a good upgrade or upsell. I had booked a guarantee inside stateroom, pretty much cheapest available when I purchased the cruise with the hopes that I might be able to get something better the closer it came time to sail. I booked directly through NCL and checked regularly on their website to see which room I had been assigned and waiting to get the upsell call. Patience had it's end today and I searched back through this board and found the upsell desk phone # and gave them a call. After a time on hold I was offered a balcony for $100 total, this trip is a Christmas Present for my Mom so I'm going to let this be a good suprise for her. Very happy so far with the way this upsell has worked out.

Having said that I don't know if I would have been called by anybody had i not took the issue in hand and called over today. Maybe I would have been called an hour later, who knows. I don't want to reccomend flooding NCL's call centers with requests for upsells daily, but if you are interested in getting one and haven't heard from them you may want to give them a call the week of your sailing.

congratulations on your upsell!!! your mother and you will love the balcony better than the inside, it is so worth it, 100 $ is awesome,

I know we paid 600 more for a balcony, i might need at upsale to a garden villa,, hahahaha

have a great cruise,,

melissa

Archived