Cancelling a carnival shore excursion

mimxmom

Good question. I'd like to know that too. I would think you should be able to cancel it even on board at the shore excursion desk as long as it's before the excursion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

From Carnival's Website Directly:

In the event of a cruise booking cancellation before the 24 hour cut-off window, a full refund will automatically be posted to the original credit card used to pay for the order. If the designated contact person on a shore excursion order must cancel their cruise booking and the remaining guests who are sailing would like to retain the shore excursion order, a new contact person needs to be assigned. If a designated contact person cancels and does not reassign the responsibility, the associated shore excursion orders will automatically be cancelled and refunded.

Cancellations made once onboard are subject to a 25% cancellation charge. . A refund, less any applicable cancellation charges, will be applied to the designated contact person’s sail and sign account. Carnival will only offer shipboard credit for shore excursion order refunds, but note any credit not utilized by the end of your cruise will be refunded via check to the order’s designated contact person on the morning of debarkation. However, within 24 hours of arrival in port where the shore excursion is to occur, orders become non-refundable.

Sorry copied wrong 1st paragraph:

Here you go:

For online cancellations of excursions or Carnival LIVE purchases that occur before the cut-off window (24 hours prior to sailing), a full refund will automatically be posted to the credit card that was used to pay for the shore excursion order, regardless of whether the person who made the purchase is sailing. Please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to post to your account. No changes can be made after the cut-off window until sailing and must be approved by the Shore Excursion Manager onboard. For cancellations made once onboard, any refunds will be made to the Sail and Sign account of the order’s contact person, not the original credit card used to secure the online order. This condition applies even in the event that shore excursions were purchased as a gift by someone who is not sailing.

I have canceled excursions once onboard for various reasons. They credit the amount to your onboard account. If you don't use it all you are issued a check after the cruise.

I agree I have always received a full refund as well. But according to the policy they "can" charge you 25% for canceling once onboard. Never had that happen, always just refunded money to my sail and sign account. Also, they say if you try to cancel 24 hours or less before the excursion you will receive no refund... so keep that in mind. Again, I have only tried to do this once and they did issue me a full refund anyhow (my mother was sick and could not go), but they do have the option according to their contract not to do so.