Empress/Bermuda - Will I be bored?

grvdggr71

I have been doing some preliminary legwork for another cruise in 2006. Our top choice is an Eastern Caribbean on a Voyager-class ship. However, this would mean airfare, which obviously adds to the cost. One alternative if airfare proves too expensive is a 7-night cruise from Philadelphia to Bermuda on Empress of the Seas. I am slightly concerned that we may be bored given the smaller size of the Empress and the roughly 4 days at Bermuda. Is there enough stuff to do (ship and shore) to keep us from getting bored? Thanks for any input.

I'm considering this cruise for May 06. From what I've been researching it seems you're only as bored as you allow yourself to be. There are tons of excursions offered by the line and also independant companies. I don't know if I could ever truly be bored on a cruise.

Hi everyone. I'll be sailing again on the Empress in May from Philly to Bermuda and have done this cruise before with the Empress and 2 other ships. First off, I love the ship, yes she is smaller but there is always something going on and the staff is just incredible. Four days in Bermuda still is not enough time, I've been there 3 other times and always find new places to see and love the island.

Debbie

The Empress ( then the Nordic Empress) was our first cruise. I was a real skeptic as I love Amusement parks, sightseeing and historical places. I was not bored for one minute and that came as a shock to me. That of course started our cruise addiction. And Bermuda is Beautiful, you will have a great time.:D

We were on the Empress 4 years ago and were never bored. Be prepared for smaller rooms, but the food was food, and the crew were great. I don't recall the captain's name. but he was wonderful. We had a terrible storm going to Bermuda. He kept everyone updated and did a wonderful job. You can get a bus pass in Bermuda and travel around by yourself from one end of the island to the other. It's easy tp get where you want to go and you don't have to pay for expensive shore excursions. We plan to do it again.

Archived