1st Cruise! Charge for bottled water?

toliver

The water on the ship is VERY good, and I can be snobby about water :p It is better (and likely better for you) than most bottled waters out there. Don't worry about buying water on the ship. Bring a 6 pack with you and then refill on the lido deck...

My girls don't drink a lot of soda, but lots of water. What do they charge for bottled water on the ship. Any way around this if they do charge too much. Bring some with? thanks:)

In your cabin you might find a very large bottle of water on top of the desk above the refridgerator. Now as you might have been told everything in the refridgerator has a cost. No because the Bottle of Water is on top of the Desk don't be fooled.....This will cost you a pretty penny!!!

So tell your kids...before its too late!

Been there done that.. (now my son knows better) :rolleyes:

My girls don't drink a lot of soda, but lots of water. What do they charge for bottled water on the ship. Any way around this if they do charge too much. Bring some with? thanks:)

I DRINK ALOT OF WATER.............

I ALWAYS BRING A MUG WITH ME................

I FILL IT WITH THE SHIP WATER AND ICE...........

A BOTTLE WOULD BE GOOD TO TAKE WITH YOU WHEN

GOING OFF THE SHIP.............

HAPPY CRUISING TO YOU...........

BARBARA....

In your cabin you might find a very large bottle of water on top of the desk above the refridgerator. Now as you might have been told everything in the refridgerator has a cost. No because the Bottle of Water is on top of the Desk don't be fooled.....This will cost you a pretty penny!!!

So tell your kids...before its too late!

Been there done that.. (now my son knows better) :rolleyes:

There's a little 'tent card' standing next to, or attached to, the bottles of water and soft drinks that will be in your cabin. The price list is there in plain sight. Should be no surprises if the kids can read.;)

They will also slap you with a 15% tip on the bottled water you serve yourself in your cabin. :eek:

Last cruise I just slapped a luggage tag on a case of water and it was delivered to my cabin, no problem.

You should have no problem finding bottled water in most ports at prices lower than what the cruise line wants - but ask the price first.

There's a little 'tent card' standing next to, or attached to, the bottles of water and soft drinks that will be in your cabin. The price list is there in plain sight. Should be no surprises if the kids can read.;)

Not in our cabin.. NO CARD... we had a lovely discussion with out steward who apologized. We didnt have to pay.

We never opened the Refridgerator so if there was a card inside we never saw that. Nothing was attached....to anything...

We all read quite well...:cool:

This was my 14 year old sons first cruise. The bottle was on the counter not locked in the refridgerator and it was placed next to a freshly filled ice bucket. It was so enticing after waiting to board in the hot sun.

AND>>>>>there was NO CARD... Que Sera..:)

Hunter's Observation on Experts:

An expert is someone with an opinion and a word processor.;)

That is really odd! Sounds like some of the stewards are falling down on their jobs... I have always had the little "tent" that has the pricing for the big bottle of water, along with the few soft drinks that are on the desk... then again, even if it hadn't been, I would not have thought they were free... nothing ever is :D Hotels do the same thing... so I believe prior to drinking them, I would at least ask...

That is really odd! Sounds like some of the stewards are falling down on their jobs... I have always had the little "tent" that has the pricing for the big bottle of water, along with the few soft drinks that are on the desk... then again, even if it hadn't been, I would not have thought they were free... nothing ever is :D Hotels do the same thing... so I believe prior to drinking them, I would at least ask...

I also have always known about the drinks not being free. That is why we never open the Refridgerator and make it our business to let our steward know that we will NOT be opening as I know of others who were still charged for some reason.

I have been on 4 Carnivals.. and am very familiar. But as my 14 year old was experiencing a cruise for the first time and as there was NO CARD he made an honest mistake. It happened so quickly that we didn't get a chance to catch him. He is experienced enough from hotel stays to know that the refridgerator is off limits. But the counter? New learning experience. He will not be repeating this mistake next weekend.:)

No sodas on the counter either just this big bottle of water. So I guess there isnt total continuity with their room stocking policy.

This was the inaugural cruise so maybe the tents weren't printed..:cool:

As to shock that some of the stewards are falling down on their jobs.. Your shocked?? LOL Enough reports on CC to verify this occurance.

Our room also just had the one big water bottle, no sodas. We did ask that the fridge be open, but that was to store our own sodas from home and milk for the kids for when they woke up in the morning. Last time we were on the Conquest the fridge was STUFFED with all sorts of things and we had to remove them and put them in the closet to make room for our drinks. This time the fridge was only half full and didn't have the candy bars, jars of nuts, etc that it had last time, so there was room for 4 or 5 drinks plus a few milks. The ridiculous thing about sailing from Galveston is that they can't unlock the fridges until the second day because of Texas liquor laws!

As to shock that some of the stewards are falling down on their jobs.. Your shocked?? LOL Enough reports on CC to verify this occurance.

Actually, I never said I was shocked??? :eek: I said that was odd, as I have always had the tent card, then again, I have never had a bad steward. I guess I haven't seen the slew of posts about Stewards not doing their jobs... I of course see the occasional "i didn't get a towel animal", or "my steward didn't treat me like royalty"... but the complaints about them not actually doing their jobs seem to be few and far between.

I think they deliberately use the large bottles of water, because the smaller ones would fit into the refrigerator, and no one would drink them. I loved the way the card on the bottle neck said:

"WELCOME TO YOUR CARNIVAL CRUISE!!

btw..this bottle will cost you $3.50, but welcome aboard, anyway"!!

Actually, I never said I was shocked??? :eek: I said that was odd, as I have always had the tent card, then again, I have never had a bad steward. I guess I haven't seen the slew of posts about Stewards not doing their jobs... I of course see the occasional "i didn't get a towel animal", or "my steward didn't treat me like royalty"... but the complaints about them not actually doing their jobs seem to be few and far between.

Recent Valor Review..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=265441

Our Conquest room steward, Dave, unlocked our fridge ("minibar") the second day. (As a previous poster stated, due to our state's liquor laws, this could not be done on day one.:rolleyes: )

There was absolutely nothing in that refrigerator but alcohol. Not even any mixers, soda, whatever. Lots of airline sized liquor, mini chamgagne bottles etc. No snack items at all.

Anyway, without removing any of the contents, we were able to lay a bottle of wine over the "mini's" to chill and still properly close the refrigerator door.

We never used any of the original contents of the refrigerator and were charged for none.

I hope this helps. :)

Patty in Texas

Thanks Elena, I've seen it... I didn't say they weren't out there, just said I have not seen a slew of them... there will always be complaints, but I have not seen it to be a common theme, sorry if you misunderstood what I was saying... like I said, I never mentioned the word "shocked" ;)

Thanks Elena, I've seen it... I didn't say they weren't out there, just said I have not seen a slew of them... there will always be complaints, but I have not seen it to be a common theme, sorry if you misunderstood what I was saying... like I said, I never mentioned the word "shocked" ;)

Gotcha..:)

Now.. tell me why you picked Spirit to Hawaii.. Shopping around.. for Hawaii..

Would love your insights... would be traveling with my DH and 16 yr. old son..

Gotcha..:)

Now.. tell me why you picked Spirit to Hawaii.. Shopping around.. for Hawaii..

Would love your insights... would be traveling with my DH and 16 yr. old son..

LOL, I wish I could tell you I researched like crazy and picked what I wanted! Bunch of friends are on that sailing, I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, even better on a cruise, so I booked it :D I'm excited!!! It has to be an interesting way to "see" Hawaii! Plus, I LOVE sea days, so having several at the end of the cruise was an added bonus!! Good luck in your decision!!!!!!

Archived