Legend 12/26 Grand Cayman--join us for shore excursion?

Re: Grand Cayman port on 12/26:

After reading such great reports on this message board for the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour through Nativeways, we booked the tour for our family of four for Dec 26. We are on the Legend and b/c we don't get in until 9, they made a special tour for our ship leaving at 10:30. So far we are the only ones signed up, so they may cancel. If anyone would like to join, please call or email Nativeways ASAP. I found calling was the best approach but emailing Sharon works also. Their email is: nativway@candw.ky

I'm having a similar problem on Monday, January 2nd. I wanted to do Stingray City w/ an Island Tour, but with only one other ship in port and it being a Monday (their least busy day) it doesn't look like the tour is going to be offered.

We just returned from the Legend, and we did the RRR tour with Nativeways...YOU'LL ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! We had a ball...tell Thomas and Charlie hello for us.

We enjoyed ourselves immensely, and I'm sure you will, too. I will be uploading some pics tonight of Rum Point, so I'll be sure to post a few for you. It's right out of a Corona commercial. ;)

Ditto what imatarb said. We did the same excursion on Wed., 12/7 and absolutely loved it! We were a bit worried at first as they were not at the terminal where we got off the tenders. However, somebody pointed us in the right direction, and we found them in time. The van ride to the marina was VERY crowded (full van with even the pull-down seats in use), and we were a bit worried at first as it was a bigger group than I had expected. However, I guess only 7 of us (5 were in our group) had reserved the entire tour (Rays, Reef, AND Rum Point), so we had the whole boat to ourselves while the other 18 + went on a different boat. The lunch at the beach was fantastic! (I had the fresh catch (Mahi Mahi) of the day. DH said Mahi Mahi wrap was very good as was the fish and chips our friends ordered.) Rum Point Beach IS just like a Corona commercial!

The only thing that had me a little worried was that our last tender back was at 3:30 for a 4:00 sailing. We didn't leave Rum Point until 2 p.m. (per our request as the boat "driver" was planning on leaving at 2:15/2:20). Good thing we left early as we got stuck in some traffic on the way back to the pier (and our van driver had even taken a detour to bypass some of it). We made it back for one of the last tenders, but had no time for shopping...

It was a fantastic day, though, with great weather. I would definitely recommend NativeWay. Just make sure you have plenty of time to do the tour. :)

Archived