What time is it??

Occasional Cruiser

My ship is leaving from Florida, in January. Will the island time be the same as the ship time? Does the ship change time as they change time zones, if there IS a change of time zones? Are GC, Cozumel and Jamaica all on the same time? Does the time shown on my ships itinerary reflect the local time we arrive or the ship time? I am booking a couple of private tours and I'm so confused! lol :rolleyes: HELP!

I have found that each ship can be different. When in Cozumel, our friends' ship stayed on their time, and our ship went to local time!

I would bet that your tour operators know what local time your ship would come in. Ask them.

Have a great cruise!

My ship is leaving from Florida, in January. Will the island time be the same as the ship time? Does the ship change time as they change time zones, if there IS a change of time zones? Are GC, Cozumel and Jamaica all on the same time? Does the time shown on my ships itinerary reflect the local time we arrive or the ship time? I am booking a couple of private tours and I'm so confused! lol :rolleyes: HELP!

We were on Carnival Miracle 11/27 departing from Tampa; the ship followed the same time all through the cruise. We were told repeatedly to observe ship (Tampa) time. FYI, the time in GC, Cozumel is one hour behind Florida time, i.e., if it is 9 AM FL time, it is 8 AM GC time.

The Cayman Islands do not observe daylight savings time. SO in the winter months, the time in Miami and Cayman are the same. In summer months the time in Houston and Cayman are the same.

Or, if you live in parts of Indiana you might understand that the time in Indianapolis and Cayman are always the same.

Archived