Dance Competition Cruises

MrPete

When I was on the Imagination in March there was a cheer/dance team competition on board, middle school and high school age girls. I do not however know the name of the organization that put on the competition, maybe someone at Carnival can answer your question. I was a little disappointed there was no advertisement or information on when the performances were though - my six year old daughter saw all these big girls walking around in uniform and wanted to watch but the competion had already ended!

Mr Pete

If you are referring to ballroom dance, not a good idea!. The dance floors are small, and just not set up for a dance competition. We compete in abllroom dance, and would not do an event on a ship.

On the other hand, to go as a group of dancers (and not compete) on a ship can be a lot of fun .

Sure then, that might work, still the dance floors are small.

On our last cruise(last week!), we did notice that during the day a lot of the bars were reserved for priviate parties, so I guess you could do that. In the evening I dont think you would be able to reserve space,although I am by far no expert.

Good Luck

I was part of a group cruise of 500+ dancers las month, but it wasn't competition.

On the same cruise was Tango At Sea - a much smaller group.

Even on the rolly polly ships of old, there was tons of dancing. Just adds to the adventure - especially if you are waltzing around a pool. :eek:

Think outside the box (aka standard dance floor).

On the Ecstasy over spring break 3 different high school dance teams performed....it was fun to see them. Those trips are put together out of Florida somehow...very nice people. I will try and hunt up their address.

Archived